PDA

View Full Version : Panera and the Mounds - 2/27/2011

Zee71
2011-02-27, 08:14 PM
Was out spotting this afternoon with William, Chris and Eric at Panera. Someone must have called and Nassau County Police showed up. The police officer was fantastic in my opinion. The first comment from him was "I was expecting to see you guys tomorrow." (referring to the Lufthansa A380 I would guess). We informed him that we were out enjoying the great day since tomorrow the weather won't be as nice. He chatted with us for a while. I asked if he wanted to see out IDs and he said no, but he was writing down down our plate numbers and running them through his computer (I believe). He departed without any issues.

About 20 or so minutes after he left, another gentleman approached us and asked us if we post stuff on Airliners.net.........and some of us stated we do. As we conversed, it turns out the gentleman is a captain, and fly's for Evergreen. It was in my opinion the highlight of the day. He informed us that he and other's like to see posts of Evergreen shots on the Airliners.net, we also informed him of JetPhoto's as well. He must have stayed and chatted for at least a good hour before he left. He showed us some photo's from Airliners.net on his cell phone, and some iPhone application. I'm sure we'll run into to him again when he's not fly.

We (Chris and I) ended the day at the mounds. The light was fantastic to say the least. There we got approached by two NYPD officers while spotting.........these guys where fantastic as well. They hopped over the fence, and I came off the mounds to talk to them. The PO asked if we caught anything good? He also mentioned Airliners.net and asked if we posted there as well. He informed me he has a buddy that's into aviation and photography as well. He even asked if I had a card, which I did and provided. I also told him of JetPhotos.net and some other sites (and he was jotting them all down). Told us to have a great day and off they went. All in all it was fantastic day from start to finish, well almost! I was hoping to catch the Korean Starcraft, but she got delayed till about 7:15pm.

nssd70
2011-02-27, 08:23 PM
Nice to see some postive encounters with law enforcement.

Doug

RomNYC
2011-02-27, 08:55 PM
Looks like this Spotter Blotter part of the forum gets filled up by the day!

In any case, nice to hear that those were all nice and pleasant encounters!

gonzalu
2011-02-27, 08:59 PM
I don;t think it gets any better than that! Now if we could convince PANYNJ PD that we are actually "assets" to security, we could get more relaxed access near the airport proper.

NIKV69
2011-02-28, 12:59 AM
Wow it's getting like LAS at JFK. Only took 5 years. :D