PDA

View Full Version : Korean Air unveils newly-painted A380

steve1840
2011-02-24, 09:16 AM
http://www.flightglobal.com/articles/2011/02/24/353601/korean-air-unveils-newly-painted-a380.html

Spunker
2011-02-24, 10:13 AM
That's alota blue! Looks good.

gonzalu
2011-02-24, 10:25 AM
Sweet! Can't wait to see it leaving 4R from Woodmere or 31L from HoBe. Although an Innwood spot for a 13L departure may be nice too.

Cary
2011-02-24, 12:57 PM
Finally, an elusive blue whale! Can't wait to see this at JFK.

wunaladreamin
2011-02-24, 01:41 PM
Oh my god. Will there be ANY livery that looks even somewhat ok on that fat, stubby disaster?

steve1840
2011-02-24, 01:49 PM
I think that the Korean Air livery is by far the best one yet on the A380. As for the 380s that are done with a simple white paint job, my vote would go for Emirates.

moose135
2011-02-24, 01:49 PM
I'd say, so far that looks to be the best I've seen.

gonzalu
2011-02-24, 08:14 PM
Oh my god. Will there be ANY livery that looks even somewhat ok on that fat, stubby disaster?

I fail to understand the difference between a livery on a skinny vs a fat tube... tube is a tube... just amplify the design and it should fit LOL.

In all seriousness, I don't think the diameter of a A380 is much different than that of a 777 or 747 (sans the hump of course) and maybe the fact that it is not a perfect circle. Can you elaborate on the different existing liveries for A380 and tell me why it is horrid on a A380 and not on a A340/747 for that matter? :confused:

CarolinaSkies
2011-02-24, 10:52 PM
Im actually pleasantly surprised with the way it looks. I was kinda skeptical about how the blue would look on such a large fuselage, but I think it looks great!

wunaladreamin
2011-02-24, 11:36 PM
I fail to understand the difference between a livery on a skinny vs a fat tube... tube is a tube... just amplify the design and it should fit LOL.

In all seriousness, I don't think the diameter of a A380 is much different than that of a 777 or 747 (sans the hump of course) and maybe the fact that it is not a perfect circle. Can you elaborate on the different existing liveries for A380 and tell me why it is horrid on a A380 and not on a A340/747 for that matter? :confused:
Thanks for asking! Well for starters, I'll touch on my utter disdain for the B777. Yes it is an impressive bird, and yes it is efficient like none other, but I'm not driving it myself and therefore my only concern I how it looks through the viewfinder of my D200. Unfortunately that flying dildo with wings has spread quicker than a case of the clap in a Las Vegas massage parlor (sorry Nick) and every time a new one takes flight, it ultimately means one less B747 in the skies. That's one of the reasons why I've abstained from JFK for the past year, even though the new rash of B6 special schemes has tempted the hell out of me. Thank god for UN week!

Now onto the A388...it is at this time I ask you to refer to my extremely humble opinion on the triple 7 following immediately with a viewing of the movie "The Other Sister".

And there you have it.

gonzalu
2011-02-25, 12:00 AM
OK but that still does not explain much as to why :tongue:

wunaladreamin
2011-02-25, 12:04 AM
OK but that still does not explain much as to why :tongue:
Did you watch "The Other Sister" yet?

It's disporportioned like hell, has a forehead larger than Helen Hunt. You can put all the paint in the world on a fat, ugly pig but it's still just going to be a fat, ugly pig. :tongue: At least the 777 is porportioned a bit better. Perhaps, a stretch version of the pig might be more aesthetically pleasing. We'll have to wait and see if EADS decides on it.

Delta777LR
2011-02-25, 01:23 AM
It's disporportioned like hell, has a forehead larger than Helen Hunt. You can put all the paint in the world on a fat, ugly pig but it's still just going to be a fat, ugly pig. :tongue: At least the 777 is porportioned a bit better. Perhaps, a stretch version of the pig might be more aesthetically pleasing. We'll have to wait and see if EADS decides on it.

Kenny as I always had stated, I do love the 777s, but i rather still see more 747s in the sky.. I admit the A380 really never became any type of my favorate, well im not really an Airbus fan..

RomNYC
2011-02-25, 01:52 AM
LMAO @ Kenny!! Man, every single of your words makes me cry from laughter!

I love how you hate that plane, stick with it, and make a point out of it. I will have more pondered words and simply state that I also don't really like that plane. It is indeed way out of proportion, and I'll always choose a 747 over a 380. And don't get me started on AF who can't even wash what should be their top representative around the world (I'll ask again, why doesn't AF wash their planes, I want to know!)

That being said, I think Korean's livery is the best looking livery on it so far.

NLovis
2011-02-25, 04:24 AM
Thanks for asking! Well for starters, I'll touch on my utter disdain for the B777. Yes it is an impressive bird, and yes it is efficient like none other, but I'm not driving it myself and therefore my only concern I how it looks through the viewfinder of my D200. Unfortunately that flying dildo with wings has spread quicker than a case of the clap in a Las Vegas massage parlor (sorry Nick) and every time a new one takes flight, it ultimately means one less B747 in the skies. That's one of the reasons why I've abstained from JFK for the past year, even though the new rash of B6 special schemes has tempted the hell out of me. Thank god for UN week!

Now onto the A388...it is at this time I ask you to refer to my extremely humble opinion on the triple 7 following immediately with a viewing of the movie "The Other Sister".

And there you have it.
I couldnt have said it better myself. The 747 out classes, outlooks, outperforms and outshines an A380 anyday of the week. The 767 looks better and its past its hayday. The only way that bloated whale would look good was if you were drunk, or it had a wunala type scheme on it. But even then no matter how much you try to pretty it up its still a bloated whale and it is still ugly. And I highly doubt wunala would find an A380 attractive drunk. Pass the beer? :rolleyes:
Also if you want a flying toy look at an AA777 :wink:

NIKV69
2011-02-25, 08:10 AM
Make that blue black and it looks like a Killer Whale!

moose135
2011-02-25, 09:04 AM
Make that blue black and it looks like a Killer Whale!
Maybe Southwest will do one in a Shamu scheme when they start flying them. :tongue:

hiss srq
2011-02-25, 10:44 PM
I know the T1 controller at JFK.... I always joke with him about the fat chicks likeing him... Having 3 A380's at one terminal later this year is going to open a whole new can of worms... Hahah 3 cows sucking from his terminals ****.