PDA

View Full Version : Midwest-Northeast Blizzard and Ice Storm 1/31-2/2

Matt Molnar
2011-02-01, 02:06 PM
Over 6300 flights canceled so far today, according to FlightAware. Many more coming, no doubt.

Worst of the storm hitting nation's mid-section right now, heading toward the northeast tonight.

Blizzard Warnings for 9 states from Midwest to New England.

Winter Storm Warnings for much of the northeast.

Same storm delivering severe thunderstorms to the southeast.

http://vortex.accuweather.com/adc2004/pub/includes/columns/newsstory/2011/400x266_02011614_bliztuesnt.jpg

Art at ISP
2011-02-01, 02:46 PM
It's definitely going to be an interesting couple of days around here...at least this week I am not flying anywhere.

moose135
2011-02-01, 03:23 PM
I heard at FRG, they are revising their snow removal plan to ensure they have enough ramp space clear for the air show...
:wink:

NIKV69
2011-02-01, 04:15 PM
I made the mistake of driving through Oklahoma in Dec 07' when they had this same storm. Everything covered in half an inch of ice and no power. It's amazing I made it through.

Matt Molnar
2011-02-01, 06:00 PM
DAL is closed due to ice. DFW is open, but at least one runway is closed (not clear if it's more than one) but not much of a problem since most flights there are canceled anyway.

So much for the idea of hosting the Super Bowl in "warm" cities. :)

Gerard
2011-02-01, 07:49 PM
It's definitely going to be an interesting couple of days around here...at least this week I am not flying anywhere.

I think for us here in the Tri-State area after Midnite into tomorrow afternoon will be when we get hit!! Looks like lots of ice then rain and the ice has the potential to bring down trees and
powerlines. Tomorrow mornings rush should be real interesting in terms of icing. Once again like in previous storms I will wake up as usual at 5:40AM and see what Mother Nature has
brought us overnite then make my "Go/No Go" decision.
Be safe everyone!! This Mutha is one dangerous and nasty SOB!! :mad: