PDA

View Full Version : DEAL!!!! LaCrosse Technology BC-9009 AlphaPower Battery Charger for $34

Derf
2011-01-01, 11:41 AM
LaCrosse Technology BC-9009 AlphaPower Battery Charger for $34 with free shipping. Features heat monitor, 4 separate LCD readouts and includes 4 AA and 4 AAA rechargeable batteries, 4 C- and 4 D-size battery adapters and travel bag.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00077AA5Q

(I own two of these and it is well worth it for just the charger, the battery's it comes with are not the greatest but 4-AA's and 4-AAA's included in the price!
GREAT DEAL and does a good job reviving old batteries too!!!!)

NIKV69
2011-01-01, 11:56 AM
How long does it take to fully charge? I use the Rayovac 15 min ones and I love the quick charge.

Derf
2011-01-01, 12:54 PM
My old one charged at 1000mAh for 4 batteries and 1500 for 2batteries and would charge in about 1 hour to 1.5 hours...then new ones only charge a a max of 700mAh, and will take about 2 to 2.5. The problem is when you charge soo fast it destroys the batteries. 700mAh should be max or you will overheat the batteries.

I like this charger as it will refresh the batteries until you get no benifit...ie charge fully, Discharge fully, Charge, Discharge, Charge, Discharge, Charge, Discharge until there is no gain in battery capacity. This charger has soo many features and lets you decide what you want to do... If I am in a hurry I will charge at 700mAh but If I am charging overnight I will deep discharge fully and charge at 200mAh.

I love this charger as it is not that fast and will not cook the batteries, fast charge is nice but I have been reviving all the old batteries that I own and then fast charged battery's never last long.