PDA

View Full Version : Flying out of the country? Which would you prefer?

JetBlueAirwaysFan
2010-11-04, 08:53 PM
New Yorker's: If you travel international, which airport do you prefer?

New York-John F. Kennedy International Airport
Newark-Liberty International Airport

cancidas
2010-11-05, 07:33 PM
EWR isn't bad if you're taking the first in the morning. then again, JFK is only 40 min from my home when i'm headed for an 0600 departure.

gonzalu
2010-11-05, 08:03 PM
I find Newark to be a bit less hectic. Also because of non crossing runways, it seems they have a more regular queue (they do have intersecting RWYs but they are never used by the larger aircraft). I once saw a China Eastern 777 wait 30 minutes before taking off and they were number 4 in the queue when they got to the line for a 4L departure out of JFK. Mostly due to a slew of Delta, American and Jet Blue regional traffic that aparently prefers 4L for quicker gate times.

Aso to me, I find Neward a lot friendlier if you have family/friends taking you/picking up than the confusing Kennedy terminal layout and ramp system.

In the end I think they are both the same. Definitely lots more foreign traffic at JFK than at Newark from my perspective.

Gerard
2010-11-05, 10:38 PM
Being that I live on LI JFK is a no-brainer for me. And meaning no disrespect to any Jerseyans but getting to Newark from LI is just one big pain in the keister.

JetBlueAirwaysFan
2010-11-06, 09:17 AM
Being that I live on LI JFK is a no-brainer for me. And meaning no disrespect to any Jerseyans but getting to Newark from LI is just one big pain in the keister.

You're right. I'm a Long Islander myself. EWR is just way too out of the way.

NLovis
2010-11-06, 11:16 AM
You're right. I'm a Long Islander myself. EWR is just way too out of the way.

Same here. JFK has a better location for more people then EWR. If your on LI its JFK, if ur in the city JFK preferred but you could do EWR

Gerard
2010-11-06, 01:54 PM
if ur in the city JFK preferred but you could do EWR

My mother-in-law lives on the Upper West Side (60s) and uses EWR for most of her trips abroad.

Matt Molnar
2010-11-07, 08:36 PM
JFK is more convenient to/from my house, so it gets my vote. Even when I'm leaving on a trip from work in Manhattan, I still prefer JFK.

megatop412
2010-11-15, 04:17 PM
I would prefer JFK, because if we depart via 13R or 4R I can see my house

JetBlueAirwaysFan
2010-11-21, 11:17 PM
Gonzalu: Though EWR doesn't use an intersecting runway pattern, the two parallels are way too close causing problems of their own.