PDA

View Full Version : In-cockpit video of a full F-14 demo; includes all the radio calls!

Perriwen
2010-09-23, 04:35 AM
nCcO6WVlanQ

I for one never realized how much the F-14's wings flexed..

hiss srq
2010-09-23, 12:12 PM
Thats an awesome video with the trunk monkey making the calls.

ulikeairplanes2
2010-10-01, 05:07 PM
Love seeing the "behind the scenes" stuff. That, and it's hard to find good F-14 footage on YouTube that I haven't seen a thousand times already. Nice find.

darlyn
2010-10-01, 05:19 PM
Trunk monkey? Explain.

Also, from hearing this guy's voice, one would have the stereotype that fighter pilots are cocky completely confirmed. "Three-fifty ... three-fifty FIIIVEEE...". He especially sounds like a total blowhard during the conversation with the loudmouth announcer.

Perriwen
2010-10-02, 06:54 PM
Trunk monkey? Explain.

Also, from hearing this guy's voice, one would have the stereotype that fighter pilots are cocky completely confirmed. "Three-fifty ... three-fifty FIIIVEEE...". He especially sounds like a total blowhard during the conversation with the loudmouth announcer.

Lol, hey. It helps get the crowd pumped to hear an energetic pilot and announcer over the PA.

darlyn
2010-10-02, 07:59 PM
Ah, I only just realized that the F-14 is a two-seater and the phrase trunk monkey refers to the co-pilot/back-seater. The internet has failed me this time.

Perriwen
2010-10-02, 08:24 PM
Ah, I only just realized that the F-14 is a two-seater and the phrase trunk monkey refers to the co-pilot/back-seater. The internet has failed me this time.

He's actually no a co-pilot, but RIO, or Radar Intercept Officer. He basically handles the aircraft's complex radar and serves as an extra set of eyes so the pilot can focus on flying.