PDA

View Full Version : Trying something new. Black and White edit

seahawks7757
2010-08-29, 05:22 PM
Tried something new. I call it "I've got the Power" Please feel free to give some feedback!

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4119/4938800125_0957bc0da9_o.jpg

lijk604
2010-08-29, 07:38 PM
Nice picture...however, you have two strong colors fighting for my attention. I would look at leaving just the wands in color, and maybe darken the upper corners a bit, it's a lot of sky with no interest. The tendency is for the eye to look at the bright parts of a photo, and although you have the color aspect with the wands, there is too much emptiness at the top of the picture also fighting for attention.

John

NoGreenBox
2010-08-30, 12:24 AM
I agree about the two strong colors, but don't think its a bad thing-- I would just not have the strong colors both on the same item. In this case it would be hard, but perhaps the color could be both the jacket and the cheat line on the aircraft? #2) if you can find a red or reddish color, try that as one of your strong colors (more red than the wands are anyway). #3) I would also suggest cropping it a little differently, with less open space above and backing out just a bit from the subject here which actually would allow the color to have more of an impact in a subtle way. But, that having been said, GREAT CONCEPT.. its nice to see any aircraft photo that isn't a straight on the side shot of a jet with two engines underwing. I would love to see more "artistic" approaches to aviation photography... Perhaps that could be a contest or challenge thread of sorts?

-Chris

Jbong
2010-08-30, 02:49 AM
I want to learn to do this well done.

seahawks7757
2010-08-30, 04:15 AM
Jbong with CS5 it is extrememly easy tbh. I whipped this together in about 20 minutes.

Thank you for all the feedback guys. I will be doing some other things with this same shots. I was thinking about doing it again and leaving the aircrafts lines in color.

threeholerglory
2010-08-31, 03:49 PM
Nice work...personally I like the wands and the jacket in color, though I agree with the crop...I'd pull a nice tight crop...maybe even to fill the frame with the plane so there is virtually no sky there if you can help it. Just my taste.

Chris- I started this forum a while back.... http://nycaviation.com/forum/threads/31026-any-artists-out-there ....great idea, but kind of never really took off. Start a revolution!

seahawks7757
2010-08-31, 08:17 PM
Thanks, I kept it in the 2X3 mode thinking this would be going to A.Net for some reason but yeah. Will do that when I try a few other things with it!

jerslice
2010-08-31, 08:50 PM
I seriously doubt a.net would take something with selective color...but I like the idea :biggrin:

seahawks7757
2010-09-01, 08:00 AM
Well I ment the colored shot of course but would be nice if A.Net took it. I might try it under that new "Artistic" Area.