PDA

View Full Version : How did you get your forum Name

Derf
2010-08-27, 01:22 PM
I thought it would be neat to see how others came up with their forum Name

Derf is Fred backwards... In Grammar school a friend called me it who was dyslectic. I liked it and it stuck. What is your story?

george
2010-08-27, 02:14 PM
My story about how I got my forum name goes back many years ago back to before I was born actually.... it's just my name lol. :biggrin:

Ok so I couldn't think of any cool names when I signed up :biggrin:

cancidas
2010-08-27, 02:44 PM
goes back to a.net, was trying a bunch of different a/c type combinations combinations but all were taken. the notepad sitting on my desk was from the manufacturers of the drug 'cancidas'. i tried it, it worked, it stuck.

Gerard
2010-08-27, 06:48 PM
goes back to a.net, was trying a bunch of different a/c type combinations combinations but all were taken. the notepad sitting on my desk was from the manufacturers of the drug 'cancidas'. i tried it, it worked, it stuck.

Couldnt you find a better drug than an anti-fungal, anti-yeast? :confused::tongue::wink::smile:

mirrodie
2010-08-27, 09:05 PM
Gerard, thank G-d Monistat 7 wasn't sitting on the desk.

M is for Mario

IRR I chose to reflect that I worked on the LIRR at one point and enjoyed it.

ODIE is the phonetic sound for my degree.

thus

M*IRR*ODIE... yes those all nighters had an effect on us!

Nick
2010-08-28, 01:01 PM
Mom and Pop.

emshighway
2010-08-28, 01:39 PM
EMSHighway came from my days in EMS. Working the South Bronx, we covered the Bruckner, Sheridan, Bronx River and Cross Bronx plus we were known for getting anywhere quickly. The Borough Commander was going to do an inspection of the station on Webster Avenue (which was a condemned chop-shop the city seized). My partner and I had eight point hats (PD Style) we had for a previous funeral. We took out the metal ring and puffed them up like Highway PD wore. We also bloused our combat boots and has DWI (Dialing while Intoxicated) Task Force on the back of the bus (Ambulance). When the Borough Commander came he nicknamed use "Highway 21 Adam".

It stuck with me since I proved the point by being radared on the Bronx River Parkway doing 110, chasing a perp in a car that tried to run a cop over onto the Yonkers raceway track. Also made it from EMS HQ in Maspeth to the 41 Precinct for a shooting in nine minutes in rush hour traffic. Never dangerous, just good driving :cool:.

Still called Highway by EMS friends. People in the IT field thought it was about Extended Memory System and a play on the Internet Superhighway. Little did they know :rolleyes:

You had to ask. :wink:

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j12/emshighway/EMSHighway21Adam3.jpg

I'm standing on the back step because my partner is 6"4"

Derf
2010-08-28, 02:54 PM
I had to ask!

MarkLawrence
2010-08-28, 03:17 PM
Name..boring..I know...

Gerard
2010-08-28, 06:12 PM
[QUOTE=mirrodie;428715]Gerard, thank G-d Monistat 7 wasn't sitting on the desk.

Or Vagisil :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

NIKV69
2010-08-28, 06:12 PM
Dropped the "c" from my first name, initial of my last name and 69 is not my birthyear :smile:

moose135
2010-08-28, 10:06 PM
I always wondered where that name came from Mario, but never wanted to ask, since I figured there was some embarrassing story behind it - I see I was right. :wink:

Dropped the "c" from my first name, initial of my last name and 69 is not my birthyear :smile:
Nick was 69 years old when he joined the forum...:wink:

For me, I have been called Moose forever - in fact, my father has been called Moose even longer than that. Back about 15 years ago, when I got my first e-mail account on Juno, where I could pick my own name, I used "Moose" and added the "135" from my old ride, the KC-135. I've used it all over since, I even still use that same Juno account, so if you see a Moose135 somewhere online, it is most likely me.

USAF Pilot 07
2010-08-29, 01:17 AM
My username is pretty simple; I'm in the Air Force and I fly airplanes (not as "old of a ride" as the -135 tho ;) ).

I actually had the username well before I actually became a pilot and I think even before I was commissioned. Honestly, this is the only real forum that I use it on and if I could change it I would, but I don't really care enough to at this point.

bluejuice
2010-09-04, 12:36 PM
From all the blue stuff around where I work at JFK

lijk604
2010-09-04, 10:16 PM
li - I live on Long Island
jk -my initials
604 - first bizjet I got the grand tour of.

NLovis
2010-09-06, 03:21 AM
N. my intital of my first name. Lovis. half of my last name. Though I wish to change to AA MD-80 :wink:
@ blue, do you mean the blue watery stuff? :wink:

puckstopper55
2010-09-07, 11:08 AM
I play hockey .. and am a goalie. I wanted 5 (my jersey number), however it was taken, so I doubled it and got the 55.

moose135
2010-09-07, 11:35 AM
I play hockey .. and am a goalie...
And you didn't go with "Red Light"? :biggrin:

megatop412
2010-09-07, 11:40 AM
megatop412....megatop being what SQ used to call their 744's, full name for those were 747-412 hence the 412, so I slapped 'em together. 412 also conveniently designates the month and date of my birth(in Flushing no less).

I cannot count how many times I have had to explain this to people when they ask for my email address. Most people's eyes glaze over before I'm halfway through. So now I just say it's something I heard in a dream once.

hiss srq
2010-09-07, 01:44 PM
HISS SRQ.. Hiss was my first aviation job (Helicopter International Shipping Service) which amounted to handing engineers tools so they could disassmeble choppers that my parents ship. SRQ being my legal home than and current winter home. Nothing tricky or spectacular.