PDA

View Full Version : Has the Brookhaven Grand Old Airshow faded into oblivion?

ch2tdriver
2010-08-10, 12:07 AM
Has anyone heard anything about the Grand Old Airshow out at Brookhaven Airport? Has it faded into old past airshows oblivion?

I attended in 2006 for the first one, but missed 07. In 08 they tragically lost Vinne Nasta and canceled the show, but said "look for us next year." In 2009 it was reduced down to one day in October and then canceled, with again a "we'll be back next year."

The website has not been updated and has said "stay tuned" for ages. Airshows don't seem to have a good track record here on LI with the exception being Jones Beach. Westhampton, Claverton, the balloon fest, Coney Island and now Brookhaven.
I pray BFCU never loses interest in supporting JB!

Pete

Fighting_falcon_51
2010-08-10, 03:06 PM
I've been wondering the same thing. Since the website doesn't have any information and the Geico Skytypers, Warbirds Over Long Island, and AAM don't have anything about it on their websites I doubt It'll happen.

Big Tim #70
2010-08-11, 07:15 AM
The residents of Shirley & Mastic have pretty much killed this show. I wouldn't expect to see it back.:frown:

ch2tdriver
2010-08-11, 10:58 AM
The residents of Shirley & Mastic have pretty much killed this show. I wouldn't expect to see it back.:frown:

Really? Where did you hear that from Tim?