PDA

View Full Version : Accidental Gear-Up Landing in Cessna...

PhilDernerJr
2010-08-08, 11:16 PM
Yeah, I'd have my head resting on the panel afterward, too. Diiiiiiiii...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hMn7ZweF6s

Flying Tigers
2010-08-08, 11:42 PM
Ouch. How did they not hear the gear warning horn going off?

This almost happened to a Baron at TEB a couple of months back. The airfield operations sup on duty spotted it on short final with the gear up and radioed the tower to have him go around. He was probably around 200 ft. off the ground when tower called, so a few more seconds and he would have been skidding down the runway just like this schmuck in the video.

moose135
2010-08-09, 12:47 AM
Dude, what's that beeping noise? :redface:

How do you know you landed gear up? It takes full power to taxi...:tongue:

Big Tim #70
2010-08-09, 07:49 AM
How do you know you landed gear up? It takes full power to taxi...:tongue:

LOL!

They were probably practicing gear up touch & go's.

NIKV69
2010-08-09, 12:26 PM
Hey we need companies that fabricate props kept in business!

Matt Molnar
2010-08-09, 02:18 PM
I saw some speculation that they were wearing noise cancelling headsets which blocked out the alarm (though wouldn't it play through the headsets also?) Any way this is possible?

moose135
2010-08-09, 02:43 PM
I saw some speculation that they were wearing noise cancelling headsets which blocked out the alarm (though wouldn't it play through the headsets also?) Any way this is possible?
Sure, that sounds like a good story, let's stick with that - it sure beats "We were discussing the new bid system, and overflew our destination by 30 minutes...":rolleyes:

ulikeairplanes2
2010-08-10, 10:52 PM
Sure, that sounds like a good story, let's stick with that - it sure beats "We were discussing the new bid system, and overflew our destination by 30 minutes...":rolleyes:

Haha! Yeah, I suppose you MIGHT not hear it but ... I dunno. Could just be a *face palm* moment.