PDA

View Full Version : Using Passur

Speedbird1
2010-07-12, 06:34 AM
How many of you guys use Passur to confirm an aircraft you've spotted or just to locate a plane? I just tried using it for LAX and I was surprised that LAX has been removed from Passur. Why was it removed? See for yourself at: www4.passur.com/lax.html. Fortunately, our local airports are still available. I would be lost without Passur, it's like my best friend.

Speedbird1
2010-07-13, 06:01 AM
I guess that nobody knows why Passur removed LAX as well as other local airports from their service. Hopefully, the mystery will get solved. Could there be a financial reason? Do airports get charged by Passur or does Passur pay client airports?

Speedbagel_001
2010-07-13, 05:13 PM
I like to check it from time to time - mostly JFK stuff. It's nice to be able to rewind the clock to a certain time of day if I spotted something on my commute that I want to check out later when back online.

Don't know anything about the LAX deletion. You can still see the local LA activity if you focus on John Wayne Airport and pan/zoom around.

http://www4.passur.com/sna.html

Speedbird1
2010-07-14, 06:02 AM
Thanks for the input. I guess the deletion of LAX from Passur's service will remain a mystery. I contacted them directly but got no response. I posted about LAX because sometimes I try to track a flight from NYC to LAX and I like to see exactly when it arrives at LAX and the arrival procedure used.

markg
2010-07-16, 03:13 PM
Airports have to pay to use Passur, so probably LAX decided they didn't want to pay for it any more!

cancidas
2010-07-16, 04:26 PM
my company pays for it, makes me wish they payed for flight explorer instead but it does get the job done.