PDA

View Full Version : Alaska Airlines announces new STL-SEA service

Alex T
2010-06-17, 01:51 PM
Alaska Airlines has announced a new Midwest city-Lambert-St. Louis International Airport STL.

Service will begin on the Boeing 737-800 aircraft September 27th, 2010.

http://www.alaskaairlines.com

www.flystl.com (http://www.flystl.com)

Alex

seahawks7757
2010-06-17, 01:53 PM
Wow I didn't see this one coming at all and I work there.

Alex T
2010-06-17, 01:59 PM
Wow I didn't see this one coming at all and I work there.

STL was the largest Midwest city and (at the time) AA hub without ANY service by AS/QX. It was needed badly, when AS can serve AUS and SJC from SEA, as well as all of the other AA Hubs and focus cities, ORD, DFW, MIA, LAX, on and on, STL was SORELY needed for AS.

When WN jumped in and took over when AA axed it, we forgot of the rumor, now when WN dropped STL-SEA in August, I was fully expecting AS to take over, this benefits AA and DL combined because Elite flyers in STL may fly AS and get their respective EQS and EQM for DL or AA, without DL or AA having to do the work.

Alex

jerslice
2010-06-17, 04:09 PM
I wish they had this in place for July, when I have to go there.

seahawks7757
2010-06-17, 06:03 PM
I am still surprised though that we don't fly to SLC. I am telling you that is the route I hear requested most from our passengers.

Alex T
2010-06-18, 10:50 AM
I am still surprised though that we don't fly to SLC. I am telling you that is the route I hear requested most from our passengers.

Requested perhaps...However you have Delta flying SLC-SEA, providing feed for Alaska, and also you have Southwest flying SLC-SEA providing low fares. The competition is more fierce on SLC-SEA.

The 738 that is doing STL-SEA is being pulled from a DEN-PDX route because of competition from United, Southwest and Frontier.

Since there is no competition now for STL-SEA more than ever it would be the right time to enter STL-SEA for Alaska Airlines. I would hope in time to see a seasonal STL-ANC, we saw it for many years with the TWA Hub and I heard it was about 70% connection and that was a 757. With a 737 perhaps the yield and load would play out better.

Alex