PDA

View Full Version : SWA releases winter schedule

Alex T
2010-06-15, 07:26 PM
SWA has released the winter schedule extending bookings until January 7th, 2011.

They have dropped 106 flights, added some seasonal routes.

Regarding ISP specifically...

ISP-LAS has been dropped...is this the first time ISP has lost all LAS service or has this become seasonal?

ISP also gains one more daily to PBI and FLL creating 3 daily to each city. ISP loses a daily to MDW, and MCO.

Regarding LGA, all service has been retained. As been posted before, LGA has exceeded WN's expectations and WN is looking to expand at LGA whenever possible and will take full advantage in doing so. LGA-DEN Saturday only has been going full, I can't say anything for yields but DEN is definitely succeeding for WN out of LGA in terms of loads.

Right now for June 19th, the LGA-DEN has 21 open seats left, for June 26th the LGA-DEN has 9 seats left, and finally the July 3rd Saturday has 13 seats left, all expected to go FULL.

2011 will remain flat to help start up new cities, CHS/GSP schedule is expected to be released in the fall around August/September, no confirmation yet.

For those wondering, August 17th, 2010 is when the next schedule is planned to be released for bookings until March 11th, 2011, probably just in time to set up a spring schedule for Spring Break alone, and then Summer and beyond!

Alex

T-Bird76
2010-06-15, 10:02 PM
wow...no easy connection to the west coast on WN now... I wonder what the reason is, those flights were always sold out but then again it might be a ton of RR passengers using free tickets. Still a loss to ISP. I don't think ISP will ever become anything more then a snowbird route airport...sad.

lijk604
2010-06-16, 09:35 AM
This is disappointing news. As Tommy has stated the IAS-LAS route was always heavily travelled. I'm still surprised that they don't have at least one flight a day nonstop to Texas. With all the connection traffic through Baltimore or Chiacgo, you would think they had enough for either a Dallas or Houston flight. This will make me think twice now about any west coast adventures I may be thinking of. After hearing how great VA's service is, I might just want to trek to JFK rather than hop two or three times now to get across the country.

Matt Molnar
2010-06-16, 12:05 PM
Is the 106 flights dropped compared to summer or compared to last winter?

NIKV69
2010-06-16, 12:42 PM
Can't believe they dropped that LAS non-stop. That was a great thing for people in eastern suffolk. Well like Tommy said ISP seems to be for the Florida people.

Alex T
2010-06-16, 01:30 PM
Is the 106 flights dropped compared to summer or compared to last winter?

For the August 15th, to November 6th Schedule, we had 3,262 flights, we are now dropping 106 flights from that schedule to make it 3, 156 flights a day starting November 7th.

Alex

Alex T
2010-06-16, 01:46 PM
This is disappointing news. As Tommy has stated the IAS-LAS route was always heavily travelled. I'm still surprised that they don't have at least one flight a day nonstop to Texas. With all the connection traffic through Baltimore or Chiacgo, you would think they had enough for either a Dallas or Houston flight. This will make me think twice now about any west coast adventures I may be thinking of. After hearing how great VA's service is, I might just want to trek to JFK rather than hop two or three times now to get across the country.

You're not kidding dude.

I checked the thru flights for ISP-LAS and connections these are the following flight order, if you see an X next to the airport code it requires a change.

ISP-MDW(X)-LAS
ISP-BWI(X)-MKE-LAS
ISP-MDW(X)-LAS
ISP-MCO-ABQ(X)-LAS
ISP-BWI(X)-DEN-LAS
ISP-MCO-STL-LAS (that is NUTS)
ISP-MDW(X)-LAS

I am curious with all the DEN expansion for Spring if we'd see a return of ISP-LAS, remember I still don't know if this is seasonal or not, but odd to drop LAS during the winter is it not, or if ISP-DEN will be an expansion to provide a better connection to the west and shorter segment also.

Alex

emshighway
2010-06-19, 12:44 PM
Just another nail in ISP's coffin