PDA

View Full Version : Golden Knights miss LZ.

Fighting_falcon_51
2010-06-14, 05:08 PM
Parachutists Miss Target, Land On Roof

POSTED: 5:53 pm CDT June 11, 2010
UPDATED: 6:05 pm CDT June 11, 2010

MILWAUKEE -- Two parachutists performing in the Air and Water Show landed on a rooftop on Friday afternoon on Milwaukee's east side.

The Milwaukee Fire Department told 12 News the parachutists got off target.

Landscapers working next door were the first to hear the Army Golden Knight parachutist hit the roof.

Neighbors coming home knew something was wrong as they could see him coming down.

"We couldn't see where it was going, so it landed on the roof and it broke a little bit of the gutter," witness Matt Price said.

"We went over there and said, "You OK?' He said, "Yeah, could you just get me down?' (I) Put the ladder up and said, 'Glad I'm not afraid of heights,'" witness Mike Bett said.

Both members of the Golden Knights appeared to be just fine, 12 News reported.

-- WISN.com

Click here for video report. (http://www.wisn.com/news/23875900/detail.html)

This is semi old news, but I'm glad to hear everyone is alright.

PhilDernerJr
2010-06-14, 08:16 PM
I once saw them jumping into Shea Stadium some years ago and out of 4 jumpers...3 of them landed perfectly on 2nd base. The 4th guy landed in the parking lot.

puckstopper55
2010-06-15, 09:29 AM
I once saw them jumping into Shea Stadium some years ago and out of 4 jumpers...3 of them landed perfectly on 2nd base. The 4th guy landed in the parking lot.

I was at that game too! I think he actually landed in the bullpen / parking lot, and his chute got tangled in some light poles. I bet he was the butt of jokes for many months!