PDA

View Full Version : China Eastern MD-11 Landing...Without Nosegear

PhilDernerJr
2010-05-31, 09:43 PM
I never saw this clip before, even though it's from 1998. Looks like the firemen were dousing the evacuating passengers in the process!

[Shanghai] On September 10th 1998, a MD-11 of China Eastern Airlines flying from Shanghai to Los Angeles experienced problems with its front wheel. After all attempts to lower the front wheel fail, the plane makes an emergency landing in Shanghai on its nose. Two crew and nine passengers were slightly hurt in the incident, but there were no fatalities.

c18_1275264082

seahawks7757
2010-05-31, 10:06 PM
Honestly I always feel bad for the China carriers as it seems most videos that come out from there are of there failures never there good times. Not that they have many but still.

AirtrafficController
2010-05-31, 11:17 PM
Wow. Spectacular video.

Speedbagel_001
2010-07-15, 01:36 PM
Would a plane like that ever be reconditioned to fly again, or is it automatically sent to the scrapyard (post crash investigation)?

Ychocky
2010-07-15, 02:44 PM
Would a plane like that ever be reconditioned to fly again, or is it automatically sent to the scrapyard (post crash investigation)?

I don't see it noted as written off the books anywhere.

I'd fare a guess that FedEx or UPS may have this bird lol.

Derf
2010-07-15, 04:28 PM
wow, what piss poor fire fighter training! Seeing foam the end shooting threw the plane from the far door thru the door in site. I would say ALL the injury were caused by the fire fighters. WOW that was bad. In a case like this they should have shot ONLY under the cockpit to cool the hot metal when it came to a stop. As soon as the planed stopped you see the people jumping out of the aircraft getting hit with foam in the door just forward of the wing an NOWHERE NEAR an engine that barely touched or the nose that had been shaved! Once again....WHAT IDIOTS!

jerslice
2010-07-16, 01:37 AM
great video!