PDA

View Full Version : Breaking News...John McCain Is Not A Maverick

moose135
2010-04-08, 12:52 AM
From an interview published in Newsweek magazine this week...
http://www.newsweek.com/id/235883

"Maverick" is a mantle McCain no longer claims; in fact, he now denies he ever was one. "I never considered myself a maverick," he told me. "I consider myself a person who serves the people of Arizona to the best of his abilities."

I guess 2008 was too long ago for the good Senator to remember:
TmLVtU6fTPs

NIKV69
2010-04-08, 01:25 AM
Yea it was a shorter period of time between Obama saying he was going to put all the health care debate on CSPAN and then had it all behind closed doors. It's an election year and lies are the rule and not the exception. Not much of a story.

SevenSix
2010-04-08, 10:16 AM
lol always gotta bring up Obama

Matt Molnar
2010-04-08, 10:48 PM
If you say you're NOT a maverick after years of saying you ARE a maverick, it actually INCREASES your maverickyness.

T-Bird76
2010-04-09, 04:34 PM
Yea it was a shorter period of time between Obama saying he was going to put all the health care debate on CSPAN and then had it all behind closed doors. It's an election year and lies are the rule and not the exception. Not much of a story.

eh what does that have to do with McCain flip flopping?

NIKV69
2010-04-09, 06:52 PM
eh what does that have to do with McCain flip flopping?

McCain is simply saying anything to try to win a tough primary and then a touch general. I think if the last couple of years has taught us anything is that candidates from both sides will say anything at anytime to get votes will really not much premise to ever follow through on them once election is over. It's really not much of a story anymore.