PDA

View Full Version : Great Hockey Fight

george
2010-03-22, 11:18 AM
LeBlond vs. Janssen. Great fight, it lasts nearly 3 full minutes with Janssen waiving the linesmen away several times.

W4box3nBS_c

Derf
2010-03-22, 12:12 PM
AWESOME! :borat:

PhilDernerJr
2010-03-22, 01:15 PM
This was great. I love how so many fights start with an nonchalant agreement before the faceoff.

Those guys were exhausted, and congratulated each other afterward.

I also love the jabs....not enough of those in hockey fights.

I give the win to Leblond, but both really stuck it out.

wunaladreamin
2010-03-22, 06:42 PM
Oh man, I was watching that game when it happened! What a great dance by the two of them. Two heavyweights doing things like they should be done, and to have it last almost as long as a full boxing round?!?!?! Just outstanding!!!

lijk604
2010-03-23, 10:53 AM
Instant classic! Two brawlers with a good clean bout.

Nick
2010-03-23, 06:39 PM
That is why this is my favorite sport.

threeholerglory
2010-03-25, 11:17 PM
this was a great fight and ironically demonstrated sportsmanship. Go figure. I do wonder though, without really understanding the sport very well, why is fighting such a big thing in hockey and why is it condoned?

PhilDernerJr
2010-03-26, 03:10 PM
It's not about it being condoned....it's a part of the sport. It's condoned the same way punching is condoned in boxing.

Fighting is done to create excitement to swing the momentum of a game (your team is down a few goals early and you want to shake the otehr team or motivate your own) or to protect your more talented players against attacks from the other team's goons.

There is a limit to it all as well...it's not a free-for-all. Suspensions still happen and there are many unwritten rules about fighting.