PDA

View Full Version : Weekend Blizzard Possible

Matt Molnar
2010-02-03, 08:14 PM
Accuweather is forecasting possible blizzard conditions for the NYC/LI-area Friday afternoon through Saturday. National Weather Service seems to agree, but says track of the storm still not certain. Stay tuned...

hiss srq
2010-02-03, 08:18 PM
Crap, good thing I will be using the train to get into Manhatten Saturday. Have to go to a premed admission meeting/seminar being held at the Marriot on 34th street. Now if only I can find a way to get out of the Legacy charter on Friday. Heheheh :lol:

SevenSix
2010-02-03, 08:42 PM
Guess im not flying Saturday!

Gerard
2010-02-03, 11:29 PM
Accuweather is forecasting possible blizzard conditions for the NYC/LI-area Friday afternoon through Saturday. National Weather Service seems to agree, but says track of the storm still not certain. Stay tuned...

Yup I just saw on News12 Weather that the tracking of the storm will be the difference between a lot of snow or a dusting.
South good, more north bad. Probably be one of those last minute things.

PhilDernerJr
2010-02-04, 08:37 AM
Too early to predict major snowfall to me.

Big Tim #70
2010-02-04, 09:43 AM
Could be 2", could be 12+"

I've got the snowplow all hooked up, snowblower ready & a nice long client list. All I need is a TON of the white stuff! :borat:

T-Bird76
2010-02-04, 03:19 PM
Could be 2", could be 12+"

I've got the snowplow all hooked up, snowblower ready & a nice long client list. All I need is a TON of the white stuff! :borat:

Are you one of those people who hook up the snow plow and drive with it on the road long before the snow is to fall?

NIKV69
2010-02-04, 04:17 PM
Been watching the national wx map and it looks like a rain event now. Was going to head out tonight but decided to play it safe in case the top part of that storm turned into a ice event. I agree with Phil I kind of think this will skirt us south.

Big Tim #70
2010-02-04, 05:11 PM
[quote="Big Tim #70":7fhhorcn]Could be 2", could be 12+"

Are you one of those people who hook up the snow plow and drive with it on the road long before the snow is to fall?[/quote:7fhhorcn]

No, I'm one of those people who have a full time job and plow on the side so I get the equipment ready when I can & hope for the white stuff! :D

I actually moonlight for a Landscaping company and I just drive for them. I popped in this morning to make sure the truck is ready.

Matt Molnar
2010-02-04, 06:11 PM
Been watching the national wx map and it looks like a rain event now. Was going to head out tonight but decided to play it safe in case the top part of that storm turned into a ice event. I agree with Phil I kind of think this will skirt us south.
I think it's going to be too cold for rain. If anything the snow may just skirt us and only drop a couple inches.

NIKV69
2010-02-04, 06:45 PM
I think it's going to be too cold for rain. If anything the snow may just skirt us and only drop a couple inches.

I was talking about the storm as it passed through TX and headed west which I would have caught it in the OH area where it could start to get bad.

gettysburgerrn
2010-02-04, 08:53 PM
I just read a probable 8- 10 inches out here on Long Island but meterology is such an imprceise science that it could probably wind up somewhat more or less...

Ken :shock:

Big Tim #70
2010-02-04, 10:13 PM
10 inches would be :borat: :borat: :borat: :borat:

COME ON MOTHER NATURE, GIVE IT TO ME!!!!!!

Matt Molnar
2010-02-05, 01:28 AM
Accuweather's snow map shows the border between 6-12 and 3-5 is just south of NYC/LI.

http://sirocco.accuweather.com/iwxpage/adc/popup/iws2_430.jpg

EDIT: The line is moving south, we probably won't get much.

USAF Pilot 07
2010-02-05, 09:48 AM
We're supposed to get 12 inches or more here in Philly, and just south of here around Dover they are forecasting 18"-24"+... I'm hoping it won't be too bad, I have to fly out (on AA :| ) this afternoon and then am flying back in on Sunday afternoon.

Gerard
2010-02-06, 12:21 PM
We lucked out here on L.I. Just some snow showers now but a friend in Brooklyn told me they have 4 inches on the ground already. By Sandy Hook its a blizzard and its just a 5 mile difference between nothing and heavy accumulation.

Matt Molnar
2010-02-06, 01:03 PM
In Astoria we have zippo, haven't seen a flake.

Steven Holzinger
2010-02-06, 01:04 PM
Already have at least sixteen inches on the ground...

Gerard
2010-02-06, 04:48 PM
Our friends who live in Potomac, Md are getting walloped and power is out but they have an
emergency generator so life is good. She'll probably be stuck in the house for awhile and
her hubby is out of town so he isnt flying in anytime soon.

USAF Pilot 07
2010-02-08, 12:01 AM
Well here we go again... Looks like another significant event possible for Tuesday Night through Wednesday. This time looks like NY/CT/SE New England will get in on more of the action...

We (Philly) got 28 inches from this last storm - hard to believe just 90 miles up the road there wasn't anything... This is turning out to be the snowiest winter on record here...

cancidas
2010-02-08, 12:16 AM
we had a trace here in northern brooklyn. i talked to a friend of mine in baltimore who had close to 3 feet burying her house. it took all day yesterday and most of today just to dig out their driveway.

i feel cheated honestly, can't wait to see what happens tuesday night!

MarkLawrence
2010-02-08, 12:17 AM
Talked to my brother just outside Philly yesterday - he walked out - saw the depths his car was buried in and went back inside! He had a whole lot - about 18".

PhilDernerJr
2010-02-08, 04:38 PM
http://www.nycaviation.com/hosting/image001.jpg

hiss srq
2010-02-08, 05:31 PM
Im hoping it is another farce. I'm going to AGAIN be in Manhatten Wed.. Forcasts are calling for the NY metro to get slammed though. Bah! It is time to go down to Sarasota for a few days I think!

Gerard
2010-02-08, 07:26 PM
[quote="hiss srq"]Im hoping it is another farce.

I just saw the map and a storm is DEFINITELY heading this way. And if you are taking the LIRR into
Manhattan be warned they have a new policy of shutting the system down COMPLETELY if it snows
10 inches or more.

Matt Molnar
2010-02-09, 01:08 AM
All the maps seem to agree NYC is getting at least a foot, maybe 2ft.

NIKV69
2010-02-09, 03:30 AM
I swear it's a conspiracy for me not to get out of this God forsaken place. Goodness know I think I really understand what people mean when they say they hate winter.