PDA

View Full Version : Fed Up With Blackberry Problems

hiss srq
2010-02-02, 03:11 AM
Rant! I am fed up with Blackberry and RIM more and more lately. I have had Blackberry for quite a long time and up untill about the last 3 months never had a problem with a single BB phone. Lately there is constant outages, my applications dont always funtion and media uploads and sending either lacks or doesnt go through as of late. On top of that, it doesnt sync my contacts and other information properly half the time. Unfortuneately it is mandetory that I have a Blackberry for work. Anyone else having berry problems?

PhilDernerJr
2010-02-02, 10:04 AM
I have a new Bold with TMobile and have had no problems. Facebok sucks on it, that's it.

T-Bird76
2010-02-02, 10:41 AM
I agree about Facebook and the Blackberry...it sucks. I shut off the auto notifications because for some reason kept my BB refreshing all the time. I just got the 8830 World Edition for work and its pretty decent, could be faster but I like it no major issues to speak of. I am going to get the NEXUS One in the spring for my personal use. Last week when I was in ORD Google had a Kiosk with it and it kicks ass...def IMO much better then the iPhone.

Steven Holzinger
2010-02-02, 10:51 AM
I have the Curve 8330 and the only complaint I have so far is that I can't seem to upload photos to Facebook...

GimmeMyWingZ
2010-02-02, 11:54 AM
I have no major problems aside from T-mobile spontaneous outages from EDGE to edge (no data). If you have issues with syncing contacts, I use google sync, it upodates contacts and calender events in a heartbeat, then again I have gmail. Also uploading MMS is an issue sometimes as I get the red X and need to resend a few times. How often do you reset it by removing the battery?

hiss srq
2010-02-02, 12:12 PM
I reset mine about every other day at current. I have huge problems with uploading pictures to either FB or sending them as MMS lately as some of you have mentioned and I agree with Tommy said about the Facebook app.

planelove
2010-02-03, 12:10 AM
I love my BB.
Recently outages have become more common, I think its because of the abundance of people that have switched to BB as the prices of the data plans came down.

I dont use any apps besides Viigo which is a must have for me. It saves me hours with the paper or online.

Everyone who uses a BB should know these basics http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101-be ... tcuts....I (http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101-beginners-guide-keyboard-shortcuts....I) get really annoyed when people dont know these things.

The other thing that is going around as a method to speed up your blackberry is to clear your event log approx once a month.
1) Press and hold the "alt" key
2) Type in "lglg". This will bring up the Event Log on your phone.
3) Press the menu key and select "clear log".

eric8669
2010-02-03, 12:14 AM
I've had no problems with my BB(curve), but I am planning on switching to a motorola Droid or nexus 1.