PDA

View Full Version : JFK 1/31

JBoulin94
2010-01-28, 04:52 PM
I'm making a 2 day trip up to EWR and JFK from IAD. I was planning on hitting JFK on the 31st, its supposed to be really nice. Anyone interested?
-John

chrisparypa
2010-01-29, 11:21 AM
hello dear Marylander :) I Live in Ocean City, MD but also Brooklyn, NY :))

Wish to join but im in OC right now.... just be careful on EWR and make sure u have some heavy duty lock on your card slot :)

JBoulin94
2010-01-29, 04:22 PM
Thanks Chris, but I think I am going to skip EWR all together and do 2 days at JFK. Anyone else going out?

abandagale
2010-01-29, 06:22 PM
I might join in... can u message me ur cell#?

moose135
2010-01-29, 09:41 PM
I may be out on Sunday, I'll post something if I do.

JBoulin94
2010-01-30, 09:11 AM
Ok moose, please do. What times would be best for heading to Howard Beach for Asian departures?

Iberia A340-600
2010-01-30, 09:25 AM
Hey John, the best time for Asian departures at HoBe is from 10am to 1pm. I'd come out and join you but I have a lot of work I need to get done. Hope you have a good time!

JBoulin94
2010-01-30, 09:22 PM
Thanks Gordon, i had a great day today, even with an overcast sky. But, I do have one more question. I went to Bayswater today just to check it out. From what I saw, it didn't look like a very nice neighborhood. Would it be safe to park along the street?

Matt Molnar
2010-01-30, 09:40 PM
Thanks Gordon, i had a great day today, even with an overcast sky. But, I do have one more question. I went to Bayswater today just to check it out. From what I saw, it didn't look like a very nice neighborhood. Would it be safe to park along the street?
It is a shady area but I've never heard of any problems there.

eric8669
2010-01-31, 12:47 AM
It is a shady area but I've never heard of any problems there.

the immediate area around bayswater is not shady

Matt Molnar
2010-01-31, 02:15 AM
True, it's not shady like the neighborhoods you drive through to get there, but it is quite strange, in a Deliverance sort of way...little kids running around the street naked...houses that look like they're about to fall over...curious stares whenever an "outsider" passes by. :-)

NLovis
2010-01-31, 02:52 AM
True, it's not shady like the neighborhoods you drive through to get there, but it is quite strange, in a Deliverance sort of way...little kids running around the street naked...houses that look like they're about to fall over...curious stares whenever an "outsider" passes by. :-)
lol. Well if they are using a runway and we get a spot where we can use 100mm i'm in. If not I cant join unless anybody has an extra camera that is useable for that range. Though cause of the winds I can easily say the 31's will be in use all day tomorrow. Wind is supposed to pick up again. Btw be sure to bundle up well cause its going to be really cold again. I would really like to join in i'm eager to get some air shots and meet you guys.

JBoulin94
2010-01-31, 08:44 AM
True, it's not shady like the neighborhoods you drive through to get there, but it is quite strange, in a Deliverance sort of way...little kids running around the street naked...houses that look like they're about to fall over...curious stares whenever an "outsider" passes by
That's enough I think to keep me out......

NLovis
2010-01-31, 10:24 AM
True, it's not shady like the neighborhoods you drive through to get there, but it is quite strange, in a Deliverance sort of way...little kids running around the street naked...houses that look like they're about to fall over...curious stares whenever an "outsider" passes by
If that indeed does happen its prob during the summer. I think even there smart enough not to freeze themselves.

njgtr82
2010-01-31, 02:43 PM

Thats a little exageration, I wouldn't be concerned going there. Its a great spot and I've never had a problem there.

T-Bird76
2010-01-31, 05:57 PM

Matt which way do you go to get there? I've never once seen any of that. The area right near Bayswater State park has some rather nice middle class well kept houses. I've parked my car there plenty of times and never once worried about it.

eric8669
2010-01-31, 06:05 PM

Matt which way do you go to get there? I've never once seen any of that. The area right near Bayswater State park has some rather nice middle class well kept houses. I've parked my car there plenty of times and never once worried about it.

Thank You Tommy......

The area consist of Hasidic Jews and African Americans. Like Tommy said, middle class. I tend to find the people very friendly..

moose135
2010-01-31, 06:50 PM
Agreed - I've never had a problem around Bayswater. It's a decent neighborhood, I don't hesitate to go there to spot, or leave my car on the street outside the park.

JBoulin94
2010-01-31, 08:40 PM
Thanks for the input everyone, I was actually intending on going to Bayswater, but as soon as I pulled onto Mott, and they switched to the 31s. I'm definitely trying Bayswater next time I make the trek up.

chrisparypa
2010-01-31, 09:02 PM

Bayswater is my FAVORITE spot.... never had any problems... I've seen ppl who live there many times they always nice to me (I don;t know maybe cuz my head is shaved and Im big guy ?? lol) no seriously I never had any problems there... as long you not doing anything stupid you will be just fine....