PDA

View Full Version : AA's APA rally cry video (Anet shots)

hiss srq
2009-12-23, 01:00 AM
LooOXupWcGQ
Great video, good cause as ususal but look at the shots in the video. Many of you will recognize them. I was wondering if they were swiped or not. Maybe some of these shots belong to members. Just putting it out there just in case because this video is widely distributed across the APA work group.

PhilDernerJr
2009-12-23, 10:36 AM
The amount of shots stolen on from Anet for YouTube videos is insane. Every airline has a "tribute" video it seems, which is just a collection of stolen pics from JP or Anet. I come across my own photos once a week or so.

hiss srq
2009-12-23, 10:40 AM
I know, the point I was pointing out is this was not just a Youtube video, this was produced by a large organization and it has been presented in union meeting etc etc. So I was just watchdogging it for members in the event APA did use this without consent. I wouldnt be happy if one of my abait few shots online was used in a mass production form of media without at least my consent.

T-Bird76
2009-12-23, 12:57 PM
The irony here is amazing...the Union bitches about management's unfair practices but they just STOLE all those pictures. What ethics......

hiss srq
2009-12-23, 08:17 PM
I agree. Everyone here knows without a doubt that I am a union person to the bone but I am completely against it when they use unlawful means such as stealing others pictures.

T-Bird76
2009-12-23, 09:48 PM
Everyone here knows without a doubt that I am a union person to the bone.

Hmmm no I didn't know that, but it makes sense. btw you can thank most unions for moving jobs out of the U.S. Oh btw...why do you think Boeing is setting up shop in S.C???? Its a union free shop to ensure a stable production line. Good job IAM, way to keep those jobs in Seattle.

hiss srq
2009-12-23, 09:55 PM
I have previously been an IAM union member and I will vouch for the fact that the IAM is garbage. I cant say that they in my previous positions within their union did anything that actually helped the employee cause. And I know it is union free down there. SC is a right to work state. The problem with right to work states is that the wages are traditionally much lower. States like NY need unions in my opinion. I think some unions are out of touch though. The airlines in my opinion need unions. That is just my opinion though. Some feel diffrent. The folks at JetBlue and Skywest for example but their management for the most part hasnt tried to screw them every which way because they understand that success come from the bottom up.

moose135
2009-12-23, 10:23 PM
btw you can thank most unions for moving jobs out of the U.S.
No, most jobs moved out of the US because corporations can pay workers in a Third World country 25 cents a day, without benefits, worker safety or environmental considerations, to produce their products, thereby increasing profits. If US workers would work under those same conditions, you wouldn't see jobs move overseas.

T-Bird76
2009-12-23, 10:33 PM
I have previously been an IAM union member and I will vouch for the fact that the IAM is garbage.

Wait a min...you just said and I quote "I am a union person to the bone," but you're now saying the IAM is garbage? How can one be for the union if they think the Union is garbage? I'm confused....

The problem with right to work states is that the wages are traditionally much lower.

Bingo! So instead of the line workers making 100K a year they'll make 40 to 50K a year. More then fair and sustainable allowing the company to make a profit, keep jobs in the U.S, all the while providing a fair salary for the required skill level.

States like NY need unions in my opinion.

How many large scale manufactures are even based in NY anymore? Not many...the cost of living combined with union demands for higher then needed wages forced those companies out.

The airlines in my opinion need unions.

I'm curious why you think an airline needs a union? What's the difference between an airline needing a union and a Toyota plant in the South that doesn't have a union?

Unions served their purpose when there was a lack of labor laws that allowed companies to do what they wanted with their people. Today there are enough regulations and laws that provide reasonable protection for workers. People are also far more educated then they were 100 years ago. If they are treated unfairly they leave the company they work for and go work for a company that will pay them and treat them fairly, when enough talent leaves there's no more company.

T-Bird76
2009-12-23, 10:35 PM
btw you can thank most unions for moving jobs out of the U.S.
No, most jobs moved out of the US because corporations can pay workers in a Third World country 25 cents a day, without benefits, worker safety or environmental considerations, to produce their products, thereby increasing profits. If US workers would work under those same conditions, you wouldn't see jobs move overseas.

Jon and you don't think that was a result of Union's unfair demands?

moose135
2009-12-23, 10:36 PM
Yeah, you're right - silly things like a living wage and safe work conditions are "unfair demands".

Matt Molnar
2009-12-23, 10:55 PM
Pretty unlikely they have rights for the music either.

T-Bird76
2009-12-23, 10:57 PM
Yeah, you're right - silly things like a living wage and safe work conditions are "unfair demands".

Well that was a enlightening contribution....

- Look at what the UAW did to the auto industry? 80 bucks an hour to put a screw into a car is a bit excessive don't you think? You don't think 30 an hour is livable and fair?

- Why does a company have to be ridiculed when they don't use Union construction workers? Would you rather have a company choose to locate their HQ outside a NY city because they have to spend twice as much on union workers then non union workers? The building still has to be built to the same code and safety standards whether Juan or Tony are driving the nails in the timber.

- The IAM went out on strike 4 times on Boeing since 1990, the latest cost Boeing and the regional economy of Washington 100s of millions of dollars, who did the union help then?

No one said workers don't deserve a fair wage and safe working conditions. Unions served that purpose well at the turn of the century and brought about a great deal of positive change. However union demands today push the limits of reason and a company has a responsibility to their shareholders to turn a profit. If a company can't make money in the U.S because of unfair demands they are going to leave, that's their choice.

hiss srq
2009-12-23, 11:15 PM
Just because your a union person doesnt mean you have to always agree with their choices. I didnt think the IAM was doing right by the employees of the department at the employer where I was a member. I was very vocal with shop stewarts about that too.