PDA

View Full Version : Mystery of "Alpha-Delta" repairs

Speedbird1
2009-12-01, 07:40 AM
Remember when Concorde "Alpha-Delta" was damaged at Floyd Bennett Field in the summer of "08? The radome was ripped-off and it stayed that way for several months. Miraculously, when she sailed back to the Intrepid Pier last November, the radome had been replaced. Nobody would tell me when, how and who made the repairs. Supposedly, she was to be repaired after returning to the pier but evidently she was repaired in Brooklyn. Why was there no news coverage then? Who did the repairs? Are there any photos of the repair? I was visiting the Intrepid on Sunday and you can see where the seams are to re-join the radome to the nose. Nobody seems to know any information about these repairs.

mmedford
2009-12-01, 09:54 AM
Any qualified machinist could have done the repairs...the aircraft doesn't have to be airworthy...it just has to look airworthy...

there is a thread about this already...if I do remember correctly, One of the members took pictures as well..

PhilDernerJr
2009-12-01, 12:51 PM
Repairs were done by British Airways themselves, along with a team from the Intrepid that was going to freshen up the aircraft anyway. The repairs were done only a couple weeks before she left Brooklyn....its last minute action surprising me a little but they did a wonderful job.

Speedbird1
2009-12-01, 03:48 PM
I searched here for more information about when the repairs were done and for photos but my search came up empty. I used the terms "Alpha Delta Repairs". Was my search correct?