PDA

View Full Version : Baltia takes delivery of their first 747

T-Bird76
2009-11-25, 11:08 AM
Baltia Air Lines Takes Delivery of Boeing 747
Press Release
Source: Baltia Air Lines, Inc.
On 10:05 am EST, Tuesday November 24, 2009

JAMAICA, N.Y., Nov. 24 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Baltia Air Lines, Inc. (OTC Bulletin Board: BLTA - News) announced today the company has taken delivery of its first Boeing 747 aircraft. Baltia's Executive Vice President Mr. Russell Thal stated, "Baltia is extremely pleased to make this announcement. The purchase of the aircraft, which was paid for in full, is a major event for us. To date, Baltia Air Lines has no debt, and we intend to expand our fleet using revenues generated once we start flight operations."

About Baltia

Baltia Air Lines, Inc. is a New York corporation with base of operations in Terminal 4 at JFK International Airport in New York. Today, after JetBlue and Virgin America, Baltia Air Lines is the only new start-up United States Part 121 (heavy jet operator) airline in existence that has received Department of Transportation approval. Baltia's goal is to become the leading U.S. airline in the trans-Atlantic market between the major U.S. cities and capital cities of Eastern Europe, including Russia, Latvia, Ukraine, and Belarus. Baltia intends to provide high quality three-class passenger service, and reliable cargo and mail transportation. Baltia plans to begin their foreign scheduled air transportation as the only U.S. airline, connecting directly, two of the world's most prominent cities -- New York and St. Petersburg.

For more information on Baltia visit the company web site at: http://www.Baltia.com

D.O.T. Regulatory Disclaimer

Baltia is a US startup airline. No ticket sales are currently available. This service is subject to receipt of government operating authority.

Safe Harbor Disclaimer

Statements about Baltia Air Lines future expectations, including without limitation, future revenues and earnings, plans and objectives for the future operations, future agreements, future economic performance, operations and all other statements in this press release other than historical facts are 'forward-looking statements' within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, and as that term is defined in the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Baltia Air Lines intends that such forward-looking statements be subject to the Safe Harbors created thereby. Since these statements involve risks and uncertainties, including but not limited to economic competitive, governmental, contractual and technological factors affecting Baltia Air Lines operations, markets and profitability, actual results could differ materially and adversely from the expected results.

PhilDernerJr
2009-11-25, 11:27 AM
The plane came from Logistic Air, and will be a 747-200. Though they could not share a registration with me, the only 742 they had was 5U-ACE (formerly N745LA and TF-ATA, plus many more over its 38 year career). They are hoping to operate within a year.

i'll let you folks get back to speculating, which I know there has been a lot of in regards to this airline.

Delta777LR
2009-11-25, 04:34 PM
nice to see that we might have a PAx operation 742 again at JFK

hiss srq
2009-11-25, 04:38 PM
I am not going to even give odds on this company as of now. I will give them one thing to their credit. They are VERY determined. Maybe they see somthing that others don't. I think that they are just grabbing for any airplane they can though. The 742 is past it's day of efficent operation.

Iberia A340-600
2009-11-25, 08:12 PM
I'm surprised that Transaero nor Rossiya haven't tried to enter this lucrative market, especially since both airlines have been expanding in their international markets from Russia and appear to be doing very well. Let's see what happens with Baltia, good luck to them.

Matt Molnar
2010-01-28, 12:14 AM
So Baltia has indeed acquired an aircraft...Here she is in all her glory! Ooops!
http://www.historyofpia.com/apayw2b_acdp1.jpg

Yep, this plane made a belly landing at Islamabad 24 years ago when she was registered AP-AYW. She was already 11 years old at that point. Reason: the crew forgot to lower the gear (!!!!!). Boeing repaired her, and PIA flew her around until 2005.

Evergreen bought her after that, reg N559EV. Not sure if they ever actually flew her. She's been in storage at Marana for a couple of years.

Word is Baltia paid $500,000 for the frame (not confirmed) and last week they say they finalized a deal to lease engines from Logistic Air. They've also stepped up hiring according to some recent job listings posted online.

This weirdness gets more weird...

Yesterday Flightglobal reported that the FAA had told them that Baltia had no chance of being certified this year because of an FAA personnel shortage. Huh? Today, an FAA spokesman told Flightglobal that wasn't true, and Baltia could be certified this year.

To be continued...

Mayi757
2010-01-28, 12:41 AM
So Baltia has indeed acquired an aircraft...Here she is in all her glory! Ooops!
http://www.historyofpia.com/apayw2b_acdp1.jpg

Yep, this plane made a belly landing at Islamabad 24 years ago when she was registered AP-AYW. She was already 11 years old at that point. Reason: the crew forgot to lower the gear (!!!!!). Boeing repaired her, and PIA flew her around until 2005.

Evergreen bought her after that, reg N559EV. Not sure if they ever actually flew her. She's been in storage at Marana for a couple of years.

Word is Baltia paid $500,000 for the frame (not confirmed) and last week they say they finalized a deal to lease engines from Logistic Air. They've also stepped up hiring according to some recent job listings posted online.

This weirdness gets more weird...

Yesterday Flightglobal reported that the FAA had told them that Baltia had no chance of being certified this year because of an FAA personnel shortage. Huh? Today, an FAA spokesman told Flightglobal that wasn't true, and Baltia could be certified this year.

To be continued...

super interesting stuff there man! Would be great just to see their 747 painted, at last. Wonder if we ever will? This sounds like something that will last less than Guyana Air 2000 (if anyone remembers them at JFK).

ps: finally saw the Simpson episode where Krusty says "sex cauldron!?" LOL had never seen it before

Iberia A340-600
2010-01-28, 09:23 AM
It appears as if Transaero is planning on starting flights to New York in the spring. No official announcement or dates have been set but they have intentions.

Tom_Turner
2010-01-31, 11:14 AM
Domodedovo Airlines was going to fly to JFK and/or MIA 2 or 3 years ago with IL-96. Whatever happened to them? Went out of business I guess?

Tom

Matt Molnar
2010-01-31, 01:49 PM
Domodedovo Airlines was going to fly to JFK and/or MIA 2 or 3 years ago with IL-96. Whatever happened to them? Went out of business I guess?

Tom
Yup, folded in '08.

Mayi757
2010-01-31, 05:06 PM

Tom
Yup, folded in '08.

It went out of business when Air Union (Russian version of an airline alliance) collapsed like a year or two after the stupid thing was formed. A few other nice/interesting airlines went under with it too. I hate those stupid airline alliances. Nice paintschemes disappear, less # of airlines, and when the whole thing doesn't work out ALL included airlines are gone.

Geez I think I hate everything about aviation nowadays..

White planes (check)
Everything is twinjets (check)
Alliances :x (check)
Winglets (check)

I hate everything :lol:

I doubt Baltia will be joining one so at least they won't disappear due to any alliance collapsing! But if they could form an alliance and manage to include all the airlines with boring/awful liveries and then go out of business I'll have no problem :mrgreen: At least one person in the world (Senga) might agree with me there.

NLovis
2010-02-02, 12:39 AM
In that shot is an Evergreen 747 classic.

SengaB
2010-02-02, 01:16 AM
I am very pleased to hear they will be utilizing a 100 series 747. This is just fantastic news. Those old school shiny P&W engines. Oh wow- very exciting!

Senga

NLovis
2010-02-02, 11:55 AM
I am very pleased to hear they will be utilizing a 100 series 747. This is just fantastic news. Those old school shiny P&W engines. Oh wow- very exciting!

Senga
There using a 747-200. I was talking about the plane behind it. Odds its a 100 series.

SengaB
2010-02-02, 10:42 PM
Oh ok,
Thanks for clearing that up. A 747-200 with P&W engines is JUST as fantastic to me. I love the classic 747s 100 and 200s.

NLovis
2010-02-03, 12:29 AM
Oh ok,
Thanks for clearing that up. A 747-200 with P&W engines is JUST as fantastic to me. I love the classic 747s 100 and 200s.
Agreed. Those JT engines look so good on a 747.

Mayi757
2010-02-03, 05:56 PM
At least one person in the world (Senga) might agree with me there.

..or maybe not :lol:

Yes those are by far the nicest shaped powerplants on a 747 and nothing beats the classic polished metal engines. Visually speaking, today's engines look way too big, boring and don't sound like aircraft are supposed to sound. Ever heard a 777 on departure? A fly makes more noise.

Too bad something tells me this ain't gonna get off the ground.