PDA

View Full Version : Deadly Shooting at Bayswater

Gerard
2009-11-22, 01:07 PM
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_crim ... _park.html (http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_crime/2009/11/22/2009-11-22_queens_teen_dashawn_vasconcellos_shot_by_cops_l eaving_bayswater_park.html)

Last I heard two were dead. One report was it happened IN Bayswater while this article only mentions one shot at
Beach 32st after chase.

NYCMedic
2009-11-22, 01:26 PM
ROCKAWAYS (WABC) -- Police shot and killed a suspect in Rockaway, Queens late Saturday night.

Investigators said four plainclothes officers in an unmarked vehicle observed three young men exiting Bays Water Park after-hours.

As the officers exited their vehicle to question them, one of the three fled the scene on foot. One of the officers chased after him on foot, while two other officers followed in their vehicle.

The fourth officer detained the other two at the scene of the stop.

Police said between Far Rockaway Boulevard and Beach Channel Drive, the suspect turned with a loaded 9mm semiautomatic pistol in his hand and pointed it in the direction of the officers Despite repeated orders for him to drop the weapon, police said the suspect refused and he was shot in the torso and legs.

The suspect was taken to Jamaica Hospital where he was pronounced dead on arrival. He was later identified as Dashawn Vasconcellos, 18, of Queens.

Police said defaced, loaded Bryco semi-automatic 9mm firearm was recovered at the scene.

The investigation was continuing.

emshighway
2009-11-22, 01:50 PM
Al Sharpton must be gearing up for some pressers.

T-Bird76
2009-11-22, 02:06 PM
That's not a great area, I'm sure that park is used for a great many things after hours. Good to see the cops cracking down on these thugs.

cancidas
2009-11-22, 03:11 PM
more here: http://www.nycaviation.com/forum/deadly-shooting-at-bayswater-t17564.html

i never understood why anyone would ever think they can out-shoot a cop, any cop for that matter.

hiss srq
2009-11-22, 03:36 PM
Al will no doubt pull his deck of race cards out for this one. Anytime a blackman is shot innocent or not. Here come the trumpets, candles, and crys of agony and how the kid was a good little boy. And to add to that it is not about race but when the cops drop a non black person he never even leaves the office. This gun stuff in NY is getting out of control. It is like the early 90's late 80's again all over again.

PhilDernerJr
2009-11-22, 05:32 PM
Big shock...Bryco Jennings involved in street crime. That company made their money by making guns to be on the streets. Idiots.

Hopefully this won't affect spotting there at all.

Joe C
2009-11-22, 05:52 PM
Bayswater Park, a city park is at Beach 32 st and Beach channel Dr., Where we spot is Bayswater Point State Park, at the end of Mott Ave.
Some distance between the two.

Gerard
2009-11-22, 07:13 PM
Bayswater Park, a city park is at Beach 32 st and Beach channel Dr., Where we spot is Bayswater Point State Park, at the end of Mott Ave.
Some distance between the two.

Good clarification. I was thinking thats a helluva run from Bayswater to B32st.

NYCMedic
2009-11-23, 02:06 AM
The Savage was hit 11 times....... I wonder how many rounds were actually fired.

emshighway
2009-11-23, 06:42 PM
The Savage was hit 11 times....... I wonder how many rounds were actually fired.

Considering PD was carrying 16 round 9mm, it could be a lot.

Matt Molnar
2009-11-23, 06:55 PM
14 shots from what I hear.

emshighway
2009-11-23, 07:45 PM
14 shots from what I hear.

I checked and yep 14 shots fired, 11 hit their target. about 7 per officer, not bad.

I love the comments from the mom. She knew he had the gun.

cancidas
2009-11-23, 11:04 PM
I checked and yep 14 shots fired, 11 hit their target. about 7 per officer, not bad.
not bad at all, considering it was at night. it was probably the last 3 rounds they fired that missed.