PDA

View Full Version : Rudy running for Senate not Governor

NIKV69
2009-11-19, 06:59 PM
CBS just broke it. In a way makes some sense. He probably has a much better chance winning that than Governor. Go RUDY! This is definately a springboard back to a presidential run.

cancidas
2009-11-19, 07:27 PM
let's hope so. who else is eying the governor's job again? cuomo?

moose135
2009-11-19, 07:31 PM
Is he actually going to, you know, campaign this time?

Matt Molnar
2009-11-19, 07:46 PM
let's hope so. who else is eying the governor's job again? cuomo?
Yep. Chances are Rudy would lose to Cuomo by a lot. He has a better shot at beating Hillebrand. They're not very different though...she's a conservative dem and he's a liberal repub (though not as liberal as he used to be).

NIKV69
2009-11-19, 08:42 PM
Yep. Chances are Rudy would lose to Cuomo by a lot

I think that election would be a nailbiter actually. Hey Matt this is in the wrong fourm, can you move it to politics?

T-Bird76
2009-11-19, 08:57 PM
Figured this would be the case, hopefully NY will finally have some strong leadership again. Cuomo has a pretty solid record behind him, he just better keep ole Mario in the old folks home. Last thing he needs is his father opening his mouth.

Tom_Turner
2009-11-20, 07:37 PM
CBS just broke it. In a way makes some sense. He probably has a much better chance winning that than Governor. Go RUDY! This is definately a springboard back to a presidential run.

He'd be more suited to Governor in my opinion, but as you indicated, the Senate is the more practical option. Can't hurt.

His time is likely over for Presidential politics, but I'll be happy to be wrong on that.

Tom

Matt Molnar
2009-11-20, 09:07 PM
His time is likely over for Presidential politics, but I'll be happy to be wrong on that.
His time as a viable contender is over, but, sadly, I'm pretty sure his desire to be President is the driving force behind his run for Senate.