PDA

View Full Version : Future trip to the East Coast

GVA380
2009-10-29, 04:56 PM
Hi,

I'm expecting a trip to the US in March next year. I'm thinking about starting it in Boston, then go to Buffalo and finish in NY. And of course, I'll spend some time spotting.

Do you think weather will be ok in this period of the year (for visits and spotting) and are the spotting places reachable with public transportation?

jerslice
2009-10-30, 01:22 AM
The weather in Boston in March can be really hit or miss. Some years you'll have early summer-like temps and a lot of sun. More often than not, it'll be fairly cool and reasonably wet (though nothing like Seattle is already) - probably some degree of snow hanging around. I recommend you read the BOS guide for the most popular and safe locations, or PM me for further details on some other possibilities in BOS.

JetBlueAirwaysFan
2009-11-05, 10:28 PM
Let's just say that the old saying about March is very true in New York...Comes in like a lion, goes out like a lamb.

GVA380
2010-02-10, 10:12 AM
Thanks for your help.

Finally the trip should be NYC, Toronto and Boston, but I have not booked tickets yet. I expect to land in EWR with flight Swiss 18 (BBJ from Privatair) on April 7th and depart from BOS with Swiss 53 (A340 from Swiss) on April 17th. I say "should" because I will fly on stand-by, so there may be some last minute changes.

I had a look at spotting guides so spotting in BOS should not be too complicated, maybe more in JFK.

hiss srq
2010-02-13, 03:32 PM
JFK just because of the vastness of it makes it a challenge without your own car or a driver. It can take like 30 minutes to get from Bayswater to HoBe sometimes. And on top of that most busses do not stop near spotter points. The mounds is a example. I hope you do a trip report on the BBJ for us. I would be very intrested to see it.

GVA380
2010-02-15, 09:09 AM
JFK just because of the vastness of it makes it a challenge without your own car or a driver. It can take like 30 minutes to get from Bayswater to HoBe sometimes. And on top of that most busses do not stop near spotter points. The mounds is a example. I hope you do a trip report on the BBJ for us. I would be very intrested to see it.
Seems I have to find a spotter to show me spotting points :lol:

If the flight with the BBJ is confirmed, I will do a report on it.

GVA380
2010-03-31, 10:58 AM
Tickets are bought for GVA-ZRH-EWR and BOS-ZRH-GVA with the Privatair BBJ on ZRH-EWR.

During my stay in NY I would be interested in going to spot a few hours. It would be great if someone of the forum agreed to show me some spotting points in JFK (especially for heavies :P)

I'll be in NY between April 8th and 10th.