PDA

View Full Version : Rumor: JetBlue Introducing New Livery Fleet-wide

Matt Molnar
2009-10-10, 03:41 PM
This is a rumor, but it's not all that consequential in the grand scheme of things so I don't feel bad spreading it...

In honor of JetBlue's 10th birthday, they will allegedly be unveiling a new livery on Tuesday at the LiveTV hangar in Orlando, and eventually will repaint the entire fleet.

Anyone know anything about this?

SengaB
2009-10-11, 12:11 AM
I don't know whether I should respond with total and utter fear or extreme elation. I guess I will see on Tuesday.

I'm scared....someone hold me please.

Senga

Mayi757
2009-10-11, 04:20 AM
I don't know whether I should respond with total and utter fear or extreme elation. I guess I will see on Tuesday.

I'm scared....someone hold me please.

Senga

I will hold you brother B! if you don't mind me dropping you for a second to shoot the new livery (which I'm sure will be another crappy white/dark blue paintscheme).

Look on the bright side, the JB livery is one of the most boring around so it can't get much worse. :borat:

/MarioR

bluejuice
2009-10-11, 08:20 AM
This is the first time I heard about it. Woke up this morning and saw it on A net. It is probably just a new tail scheme for our 10th anniversary next year. I know we do have a plane being re-painted at this time,but this is something we have been doing about once a month. Soooo... Ill either be very excited or very disappointed along with the rest of you... We shall see on Tues night (According to A.net)

cancidas
2009-10-11, 09:27 AM
here's hoping they actually slap some paint onto the airplanes! :borat:

AA 777
2009-10-11, 07:36 PM
Looks like a jetBlue crewmember posted on A.net that all MCO based crewmembers were sent a message to come to the party Tuesday for the new livery...

Should be interesting!

MarkLawrence
2009-10-11, 08:03 PM
Makes me want to drive up to MCO on Tuesday....unfortunately...I have to work... :( I'm guessing that it's just a new tail scheme though - I don't think, in these economic times that B6 would go and repaint the whole fleet.....

Mateo
2009-10-11, 08:28 PM
If they are going to paint the fuselage, I vote for not making the bottom blue - between US, Delta, and jetBlue, tough to tell them apart when going OTT. I agree, though, probably just a new tail design.

moose135
2009-10-11, 08:45 PM
Great - I photograph almost the entire fleet, and they go and change the color scheme! :wink:

Delta777LR
2009-10-11, 08:58 PM
If they are going to paint the fuselage, I vote for not making the bottom blue - between US, Delta, and jetBlue, tough to tell them apart when going OTT. I agree, though, probably just a new tail design.

Also not to mention the simular blue belly scheme on United Airlines

Mayi757
2009-10-12, 01:12 AM

Amen.

I actually wish it wasn't even blue. Why does every airline now has to be blue? Surely, with such a name the color blue is obligatory...

There are so many other colors out there, and then much nicer blues than the tone JetBlue uses. You'd think with such a name it'd have more blue in it but only the very bottom and the tail have color. They should call it JetWhite, what a travesty!

I've got the solution: they should throw some color in there and paint the fuselage light blue, and only the letters white, so I can celebrate too

USAF Pilot 07
2009-10-12, 10:16 AM
Great - I photograph almost the entire fleet, and they go and change the color scheme! :wink:

Darn, guess that means you'll forced to go out and shoot the entire fleet in the new scheme!

Matt Molnar
2009-10-12, 11:26 AM
Maybe they'll switch to Lufthansa's dark blue. :)

hiss srq
2009-10-12, 01:20 PM
A friend high in the ranks sent me a text after I inquired. The text said Hint:Blueberries. Hope this helps.

Vidiot
2009-10-12, 02:29 PM
They're being coy, but not denying anything:
http://twitter.com/JetBlue/status/4814162198

LGA777
2009-10-12, 04:05 PM
Not to get off topic but something I have never understood about jetBlue is why an airline with such a Blue theme throughout their entire company has a grey interior when most US airlines that have not much to do with things Blue have blue interiors.

For example in North America among others AA, AC, CO, DL, FL, NO, NW, UA, US, all have Blue cabin interiors with WN having some Blue. F9 is green, NK is also grey, VX is Black, drawing a blank on Alaska. Just a little pet peave of mine every time I fly B6.

Thanks for letting me rant!

LGA777

Matt Molnar
2009-10-12, 04:26 PM
Good question. Also, how come no one uses black seats besides Virgin America? Aren't they easier to keep clean?

moose135
2009-10-12, 04:30 PM
A friend high in the ranks sent me a text after I inquired. The text said Hint:Blueberries. Hope this helps.
Not all blue berries are blueberries... :D

http://www.moose135photography.com/photos/678677001_ZzDJ7-L.jpg

Mayi757
2009-10-13, 04:15 AM
We passed by but there was only a Continental 737 inside (getting live TV installed OR to trick us? :x ), the JetBlue was painted in Mexico according to the a.net thread, and landed around 8:30pm, too dark to bother

We'll see if me and Wendy can get shot in daylight

Strap on your seatbelts for another boring plane. On the bright side, Moose will have an extra 100+ subjects to shoot! :D