PDA

View Full Version : Iceland Express possible to JFK

Delta777LR
2009-09-28, 08:38 PM
Its been said today that Iceland Express is looking to start low fare transatlantic flight to JFK. The official update should be tonight, No clue what aircraft would operate this flight.

santobonao
2009-09-28, 08:56 PM
More services to JFK will be so cool and we need new services to Kennedy.

Tom_Turner
2009-09-28, 10:43 PM
More services to JFK will be so cool and we need new services to Kennedy.

Well, its in a constant state of flux.... accept no imitations..

Expected soon...

Iceland Express
Aerologic
Yangtze River Express
Air Dominicana
Aerogal
Arik Air

Those that want to come when the time is right... (if ever)
Iraqi
JAT
Hawaiian Air
Vietnam
Biman
Kingfisher

Some of those, major and minor, that are gone recently or otherwise, or soon will be...
Indy Air
Tarom
CSA
TAP
SAS
Olympic
Thai
Air Tahiti
Maxjet
Varig
EOS
Israir

Those "recent" that will be presumably be here for awhile...
TAM
Emirates
Etihad
Mexicana (after a short absence)
jetBlue
Aerosvit
Uzbekistan Airways
Jet Airways

Every 5 or so years, its a whole different animal....
Tom

Mayi757
2009-09-28, 11:15 PM
Here's a few more defunct JFK airlines within the last 5 years or so, none lasted too long:

Universal Guyana
Air Santo Domingo
Aeromar

I'm very surprised no NY airports get Hawaiian Air, and that it has been a whole decade already without an airline from Nigeria. Egypt Air aside (not sure if they're considered "African"), the only airline from Africa that's left in NY is South African.

Air Dominicana (although their livery is hardly anything to get excited about) was supposed to start flights to Miami also earlier this month or last month I think, seems they pushed that date to Oct. They're now a CAT I country according to the FAA, so any Dominican airline shouldn't have too many problems now, unlike a few years ago.

Matt Molnar
2009-09-28, 11:21 PM
Egypt Air aside (not sure if they're considered "African"), the only airline from Africa that's left in NY is South African.
Arik Air is supposedly planning to start a NY route soon, but we'll see about that.