PDA

View Full Version : Joe Wilson Heckles Obama

PhilDernerJr
2009-09-10, 01:14 AM
What a class act this guy is.

3aE_nEoE5kE

T-Bird76
2009-09-10, 11:08 AM
While I don't agree with what he did I think the media coverage is a bit overblown. If you recall the Dems booed Bush during the last two State of Union speeches he gave. The difference here is that his fellow GOP members have the respect to tell him he was wrong where the Dems as a whole heckled Bush.

PhilDernerJr
2009-09-10, 11:09 AM
That's actually a very good point.

Midnight Mike
2009-09-10, 11:28 AM
While I don't agree with what he did I think the media coverage is a bit overblown. If you recall the Dems booed Bush during the last two State of Union speeches he gave. The difference here is that his fellow GOP members have the respect to tell him he was wrong where the Dems as a whole heckled Bush.

Excellent points Tommy

The other thing is that Rep Wilson immediately apoligized withouth anyone demanding him to do so....

mirrodie
2009-09-10, 11:45 AM
I saw that part but couldnt make out that was said. Did see the Obama evil eye though LOL

Tom good point.

I personally think the guy has mild Tourette's, hence the apology.

george
2009-09-10, 12:01 PM
I saw that part but couldnt make out that was said. Did see the Obama evil eye though LOL

Tom good point.

If looks could kill.....

T-Bird76
2009-09-10, 12:07 PM

Tom good point.

If looks could kill.....

OMG! Did you see the look on Nancy's face? She was ready to jump out of her seat and pluck his eyes out. Obama's look was pretty feirce too.

Overall I don't think this helped or hurt the cause of health care reform. If anything it shows how hot this topic is. My concern is that the Dems and Obama know that if they don't pass "something" its going to be their demise for the next election. Which could mean they pass something totally meaningless to the nation.

george
2009-09-10, 12:15 PM

Tom good point.

If looks could kill.....

OMG! Did you see the look on Nancy's face? She was ready to jump out of her seat and pluck his eyes out. Obama's look was pretty feirce too.

Overall I don't think this helped or hurt the cause of health care reform. If anything it shows how hot this topic is. My concern is that the Dems and Obama know that if they don't pass "something" its going to be their demise for the next election. Which could mean they pass something totally meaningless to the nation.

Yeah Nancy was furious back there!

I agree with you about them having to pass "something" I think if he doesn't get this health care plan through his chances for reelection are going to take a huge hit.

PhilDernerJr
2009-09-10, 12:17 PM
She turned ot Biden and must have whispered "If he effin serious?"

PhilDernerJr
2009-09-10, 12:20 PM
Also, Obama held his hand, as if to respond....but held his composure and kept it classy.

I won't give Wilson too much credit for his apology, because he knew he was in the wrong because fellow R's were booing him on the spot as well.

george
2009-09-10, 12:23 PM
Yeah Obama did hold his composure up there..

I agree with you about the apology. I don't think he meant it, it was just something he knew he had to do.

mirrodie
2009-09-10, 12:53 PM
Also, Obama held his hand, as if to respond....but held his composure and kept it classy.

I won't give Wilson too much credit for his apology, because he knew he was in the wrong because fellow R's were booing him on the spot as well.

Obama didn't have much choice. He doesn't exactly have the option to get all ghetto on Wilson.

But if Obama did respond accordingly, I would have thoroughly enjoyed it....

hROW4MXNMmM

Matt Molnar
2009-09-10, 01:36 PM
The guy running the teleprompter was immediately fired for not coming up with an appropriate response for Obama to deliver.

Matt Molnar
2009-09-10, 02:05 PM
Decorum shmeckorum. Not saying we should be like Europe, but don't most Parliaments hoot and hollar at the PM when he/she delivers a speech? I think that might be a good thing.

PhilDernerJr
2009-09-10, 02:12 PM
I think decorum is all we have left before Chinese-style riots start.

Matt Molnar
2009-09-10, 02:34 PM
It wouldn't be like China since some American protesters would be armed nearly as well as the police. :)

Midnight Mike
2009-09-10, 02:52 PM
Funny thing is that the Rep. Joe Wilson is probably right.

Illegal Aliens can get medical attention from the hospital emergency room, proof of citizenship is not required.

Under the proposed bill, proof of citizenship is still not required, whether seeking emergency room care or medical care.

Kind of like making a law stating that nobody under 18 can purchase alochol & then not making anybody prove their age.

Matt Molnar
2009-09-10, 02:57 PM
Kind of like making a law stating that nobody under 18 can purchase alochol & then not making anybody prove their age.
Not exactly, since the teen buying alcohol isn't dying when he walks into the liquor store. :)

Hospitals and doctors offices are not a good place to fight about immigration. If someone is sick they should be helped no matter what. If the borders were properly secured this wouldn't be an issue.

PhilDernerJr
2009-09-10, 03:03 PM
Emergency rooms should be able to treat illegals, but we should take the opportunity to ship them out afterwards.

Matt Molnar
2009-09-10, 03:06 PM
Haha: "About 18 hours after his outburst, Wilson's Democratic opponent, Rob Miller, had received more than 11,000 individual grassroots contributions raising more than $400,000, a spokesman for the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee told BNO News. "It's a shattering amount," he said, while adding that contributions are still coming in."

Midnight Mike
2009-09-10, 03:09 PM

Not exactly, since the teen buying alcohol isn't dying when he walks into the liquor store. :)

Hospitals and doctors offices are not a good place to fight about immigration. If someone is sick they should be helped no matter what. If the borders were properly secured this wouldn't be an issue.

Not everybody seeking care in the Emergency Room is on the deathbed :wink: One of the reasons why some hospitals are being run out of business.

I say treat the people going into the emergency room, but, if they are an illegal alien, they should be detained, arrested, and deported.

Release some press releases of this & should scare illegal aliens from clogging up the emergency rooms...

I do agree with your lack of border comment, but, need to place blame on both sides, people knowingly breaking the law & of course our Government not doing enough to stop it....

george
2009-09-10, 03:12 PM
Emergency rooms should be able to treat illegals, but we should take the opportunity to ship them out afterwards.

I like that idea!!

Gerard
2009-09-10, 08:26 PM
I think a group of congressmen booing or grumbling is kinda expected and accepted on a certain level but a member of Congress actually calling the President a "liar" is totally disrespectful to the office of the president. I was no Bush fan
but I still respected that he was the president and would have been upset if someone said that to him. Well at least
he didnt throw his shoe at him. :lol: