PDA

View Full Version : How Do You Navigate the Forums?

PhilDernerJr
2009-09-04, 07:24 PM
I'm looking to learn exactly how all of you navigate the forums.

do you click on "View Active Topics"? Do you go into any forum that shows there are new posts one by one?

Also, are there forums that you just never go into, whether by lack of interest or if you feel it doesn't pertain to you? Don't worry about offending, I just want to learn about everyone's experience here.

Thanks!

mmedford
2009-09-04, 07:38 PM
I click the "View Active Topics"...and just go from there...

moose135
2009-09-04, 07:39 PM
I usually click on "View New Posts" to get a list of threads with new posts. From there, I usually open each up in a new tab (on Firefox) then read them one after another. If I see a topic that doesn't interest me, I probably won't check it out - the "Trip Reports" aren't real big for me, and the "Registration Logs" don't interest me, so I rarely look at those.

flyboy 28
2009-09-04, 07:47 PM
I do the "View Active Topics", then scroll through anything that looks of interest. Boards I don't go to much are the Spotter Blotter (hasn't been updated in a while), The Galley and what I believe is a hidden board to other than about 10 of us, The Concorde Inspection Team board (last I checked, she's sittin' pretty :))

moose135
2009-09-04, 07:54 PM
...the Spotter Blotter (hasn't been updated in a while)...
Always a good thing... :wink:

Big Tim #70
2009-09-05, 08:23 AM
I usually click on "View New Posts" to get a list of threads with new posts. From there, I usually open each up in a new tab (on Firefox) then read them one after another. If I see a topic that doesn't interest me, I probably won't check it out - the "Trip Reports" aren't real big for me, and the "Registration Logs" don't interest me, so I rarely look at those.

Same same...

Jonesbeach
2009-09-05, 09:44 AM
Before I found out about the "New Posts" link on the homepage, I would just go down the list and see what was new. The forums I usually visited were General Discussion, News and Aircraft Visitors, Photography and Off-Topic. I only go to the other ones if I'm really bored.

PhilDernerJr
2009-09-05, 10:16 AM
I've been navigating on "phpbb"-style message boards for about a decade, and always went forum by forum, and hitting "mark messages read" or "mark forums read" when I was done what I wanted to read.

Only this week did I start using the "view active topics", after Mirrodie told me he uses it, and I had no idea how popular it was.

Trip Reports definitely is a forum I would steer clear from for a bit, but recently I started reading some of the reports, and I thoroughly enjoyed them, and I wished I had read them more in the past.

The Registrations forums will of course not be checked out as much as others, as few conversations actually take place in there. This forum is mostly as storage for reg logs for us to reference back to, so I do check it when I want to look something up. If I see posts from people other than "flyguy1" (Thanks Greg!), I know there's probably a registration request, and I jump in to try to help or offer input if I can.

Thank you folks for replying. Your answers are very helpful!!

coachrowsey
2009-09-05, 01:37 PM
Phil:
I always go to the view new posts & go from there but now I think I'm going to go to the active posts also.

I enjoy the photos everyone posts even though I don't comment alot. I also like to read trip reports.