PDA

View Full Version : Aviation Literature

cancidas
2009-09-01, 09:49 PM
anyone here subscribe to any aviation periodicals? i'm wondering if there is anything out there i haven't found before. over the years my tastes have changes as my experience has grown and i've found myself in desperate need of new periodicals.

currently i subscribe to: AOPA Pilot (comes with the membership), Flight Journal and Air & Space. i've come to like Air & Space a lot as they have a lot of good contributors and focus a lot on spaceflight and military aviaiton. AOPA Pilot has become much of a bore to me. they are basically a carbon copy of Flying in my opinion. Flight Journal has been my gold standard for the longest, and it really pained me when they dropped down to a bi-monthly publications. there are always good WWII stories, many times Vietnam and Gulf War articles as well as a lot about flight test work from all decades.

when i was just learning about the industry i grabbe up every copy i could of Airways and Airliners Monthly but they just don't appeal to my tastes anymore. working for the airlines seems to have ruined the mistique of airline travel for me... Air Forces Monthly is another that i love reading but just can't warrant the high subscription proce for myself. (it's printed in the UK.) if anyone is an avid reader and would like to split a subscription 50/50 let me know...

anyone know of any other good periodiclas out there?