PDA

View Full Version : SEA spotting questions

JZ1
2009-08-24, 06:34 PM
Hi, I will be in SEA next weekend (Aug 30). I am staying at the Hilton hotel right off the terminal. I am traveling with family so there is a lot of activities planned. But I still want to squeeze in a few hours of spotting if the condition is right. Could you help with few questions?
1. does the hotel itself offer good views of the airport? Any recommendations as which room should I get? What are some good spots for SEA?

2. are there any good spots for Renton for taking photos of the 737s lining up there?

Thanks for your help.

jerslice
2009-08-24, 07:53 PM
Glad you asked, and I'll be happy to answer your questions as soon as I get back from a quick swing down to BFI!

Matt Molnar
2009-08-24, 08:34 PM
You're in luck: SEA is this week's spotting map! We will be posting it on Thursday. :borat:

jerslice
2009-08-24, 11:37 PM
does the hotel itself offer good views of the airport? Any recommendations as which room should I get?
The hotel does not offer any reasonable views from any angle.

What are some good spots for SEA?
Looks like you'll find out this Thursday! And they'll all be the same locations since I came up with them!

are there any good spots for Renton for taking photos of the 737s lining up there?
Yes - the Chamber of Commerce lot. From I5, exit onto 405 North. Follow 405 to exit 2 to WA-167N. As you begin to pass the airport you’ll see a parking lot to your right that overlooks the ramp. Pull in.

JZ1
2009-08-25, 06:26 PM
Thx a lot. will wait for Thursday.

JZ1
2009-08-29, 11:43 AM
Once again, thx for the info, but it's a rainy day in SEA, and I have other plans for the rest of the weekend, so it's going to be a wash-out. :cry:

Matt Molnar
2009-08-29, 05:18 PM
Sorry for the delay on the guide, will be posting today! Sucks that the weather is bad. :(