PDA

View Full Version : Jersey Boys

Gerard
2009-07-31, 05:02 PM
So last night my wife and I did dinner and a show in Manhattan. We started off at "Quality Meats" http://qualitymeatsnyc.com/
an upscale steak house on West 58 Street. From there we walked down to the theater on West 52 Street and took our seats for
the "Jersey Boys" which I had wanted to see for years. And what seats, 2nd row center orchestra!!!!! :D :D
And what a fantastic show. It started off like an episode of "The Sopranos" as it began to tell the history of "The Four Seasons" and
specifically Frankie Valli. It was funny, touching, sad, profane (lots of "F" bombs) and WILDLY ENTERTAINING!!! The music was
wonderful and the four lead characters were incredible. The actor playing Valli was so on the mark it was chilling. Just a great great show with awesome performances by thw whole cast.And this show brought back so many memories. I grew up in the 60s and shared a room with my older brother who listened to all the Top 40 stations in NYC (WABC, WINS, WOR) and so did I whether I liked it or not, LOL!!!
If you get a chance go see this show. Young or old and even if you are not familiar with their music I guarantee you will not be dissapointed.

mirrodie
2009-08-05, 09:54 AM
You're the 2nd person to rave about this show. The first was an older couple. I'm thinking of sending my in-laws to go see it. thanks for the review!

Gerard
2009-08-05, 08:03 PM
You're the 2nd person to rave about this show. The first was an older couple. I'm thinking of sending my in-laws to go see it. thanks for the review!

Hehehe me and wife can be considered an "older couple" in some places. :lol: :lol:
Go with your in-laws AND your wife!! You will love it.

Mellyrose
2009-08-05, 11:04 PM
I love Quality Meats!

We are looking for shows to see that we would both like. Will keep this in mind...thanks!