PDA

View Full Version : NA 757 at T1 Sunday 7/5

kc2aqg
2009-07-07, 08:33 PM
I've got a question for our resident North American expert: Flew back to ATL on Sunday evening and saw a North American 757-200 (I think it was N750NA) parked at gate 6 over at T1. I've never seen North American over at T1 before, they are usually at T4 or hard-standed. Can you tell us why this bird was parked at T1 and who it was operating for?

PhilDernerJr
2009-07-07, 08:42 PM
We did both Sky King and Scanderbeg flights. It was cool to call SkyKing's "Songbird" callsign over the radio.

kc2aqg
2009-07-07, 08:45 PM
Thank you sir!

hiss srq
2009-07-07, 10:04 PM
Phil, speaking of Skanderberg, how is it operating in and out of Albania? Wish I worked for Naa to do those trips.

PhilDernerJr
2009-07-07, 10:24 PM
Phil, speaking of Skanderberg, how is it operating in and out of Albania?

Well first we choose an airport in Albania that can handle our aircraft and we file a flight plan to get there. Then, a few hundred miles away from the that airport, we slowly descend, reducing speed, lowering flaps, dropping our gear and making sure all of the passengers are buckled in before landing on the pavement at the airport, called a "runway".

In terms of operating out of Albania, we create a similar airport to a destination airport elsewhere, and then taxi out to the beginning of the runway. We power up our engines and build up enough speed that allows the wings to generate enough lift so the aircraft can become airborne.

Some pretty interesting stuff.

Sorry man. I don't really know what you mean by your question, so I wanted to type SOMETHING.

Matt Molnar
2009-07-08, 02:23 AM
how is it operating in and out of Albania?
I'm guessing not so great since their only plane seems to have pooped out.

It is comforting, though, that they've sold enough seats to justify renting someone else's plane.

T-Bird76
2009-07-08, 09:52 AM
how is it operating in and out of Albania?

It is comforting, though, that they've sold enough seats to justify renting someone else's plane.

It didn't poop out Gypies stole it!

Ychocky
2009-07-08, 12:53 PM
[quote="hiss srq":jk6m8rv5]Phil, speaking of Skanderberg, how is it operating in and out of Albania?

Well first we choose an airport in Albania that can handle our aircraft and we file a flight plan to get there. Then, a few hundred miles away from the that airport, we slowly descend, reducing speed, lowering flaps, dropping our gear and making sure all of the passengers are buckled in before landing on the pavement at the airport, called a "runway".

In terms of operating out of Albania, we create a similar airport to a destination airport elsewhere, and then taxi out to the beginning of the runway. We power up our engines and build up enough speed that allows the wings to generate enough lift so the aircraft can become airborne.

Some pretty interesting stuff.

Sorry man. I don't really know what you mean by your question, so I wanted to type SOMETHING.[/quote:jk6m8rv5]

+1 :lol:

Matt Molnar
2009-07-08, 01:03 PM
[quote="hiss srq":2x58k2da]how is it operating in and out of Albania?

It didn't poop out Gypies stole it![/quote:2x58k2da]
Do you like dags?

moose135
2009-07-08, 02:40 PM

Now I see why dispatcher school is so difficult - all that technical stuff to learn!

NYCMedic
2009-07-08, 03:46 PM
Phil, speaking of Skanderberg, how is it operating in and out of Albania? Wish I worked for Naa to do those trips.

No problems in and out of Albania..............So far. The loads going over are heavy, but very light coming back to JFK (AVG 45 PAX per flight)

hiss srq
2009-07-08, 06:43 PM
Albania is an interesting country. The Airport is hit or miss in terms of reliability in most areas from what I know.

T-Bird76
2009-07-08, 07:52 PM

No problems in and out of Albania..............So far. The loads going over are heavy, but very light coming back to JFK (AVG 45 PAX per flight)

Sounds like its a raging success.

Matt Molnar
2009-07-08, 09:31 PM
[quote="hiss srq":1i8df50c]Phil, speaking of Skanderberg, how is it operating in and out of Albania? Wish I worked for Naa to do those trips.

Sounds like its a raging success.[/quote:1i8df50c]
Eh, it's a poor country, I wouldn't expect a lot of tourists heading over from there. Probably a lot of expats head back to the old country for a month or two and will come back later.

moose135
2009-07-08, 09:42 PM
Thanks to Cheers, I'll never forget Albania!

-F_tT-q8EF0

:D :D :D