Service begins October 31st, 2009.

MKE-MCI (3)
MKE-BWI (3)
MKE-LAS (2)
MKE-MCO (2)
MKE-PHX (1)
MKE-TPA (1)

12 flights to 6 cities/destinations

I added this on the other site and will add it here too...

Interesting to me is, WN is not adding the midwest to MKE. I wonder why? I state this because MCI does NOT have non stop to SDF, TUL, CMH, LIT, and to a far extent, CMH.

I was convinced that WN would add STL, and hit two birds with one stone, serve DAL as a one stop, and be able tor each the midwest by one stop too. Yes MCI has BNA and IND and that is basically it. Versus STL having n/s to SDF, LIT, TUL, OKC, CMH, even BHM if we are going in that direction too.

Yes, MCI far reaches the west coast and gives WN/MKE a nice option to connect on top of LAS and PHX too.

With this, you cannot reach MKE out of STL, IND, BNA, OKC, TUL, LIT, SDF, without backtracking to another station. So...does WN intend to serve the midwest soon or what?

If my sources are correct, MKE should be bookable tomorrow, June 23rd, 2009.

Alex

LGA777
2009-06-22, 11:12 PM
MCI is surprising except for one reason, big YX market. I would think the way WN is expanding DEN they would go their over MCI or STL. Slightly off topic but LGA starts in 6 days.

LGA777

Alex T
2009-06-22, 11:28 PM
MCI is surprising except for one reason, big YX market. I would think the way WN is expanding DEN they would go their over MCI or STL. Slightly off topic but LGA starts in 6 days.

LGA777

It was discussed at anet but MCI was probably chosen as not to compete with FL DEN/STL-MKE (though WN serving the other destinations are all FL too) and MCI offers another option to the west coast on top of PHX and LAS too.

Alex

T-Bird76
2009-06-23, 09:36 AM
Well this means I'll be using WN for my monthly MKE flights. I'd much rather leave out of ISP then LGA, even if it means a connection in BWI.

You really have to wonder how soon until YX gets the plug pulled on them? They use to be a great airline but today their service really is run of the mill.