PDA

View Full Version : Braniff Back in Business ?

Speedbird1
2009-06-11, 09:59 AM
I was never told that Braniff was back-in-business. If they plan to fly an A388 to Jacksonville, maybe they can fly a Concorde as they had planned. I made a model of the Braniff "Orange" Concorde about 20 years ago!

T-Bird76
2009-06-11, 11:02 AM
Yes they are starting their hub back at Love Field since the Wright Amendment has been lifted. Being there are so many orphan 727s sitting about look to see those Blue and Red planes take to the sky again.

Speedbird1
2009-06-11, 11:25 AM
I had a collection of old Braniff timetables. They used to change the color every month of the cover because they were the "jellybean airline". Unfortuntely, I dumped most of these when I was house cleaning. I still kept my model "Big Orange" and Concorde Braniff from Airfix. I also saved the Concorde menu and my ticket.

Speedbird1
2009-06-12, 09:21 AM
My experts say that you guys are dreaming, there is no Braniff anymore. I thought there was a special section on this site for fun and games.

T-Bird76
2009-06-12, 11:49 AM
My experts say that you guys are dreaming, there is no Braniff anymore. I thought there was a special section on this site for fun and games.

Your experts are mistaken..I'd do some further research. Fleet planning is underway and more desinations will be annouced soon.