PDA

View Full Version : 65th Anniversary Of D-Day

Gerard
2009-06-06, 07:39 PM
Was watching the ceremonies this morning live from the cemetary at Normandy Beach and I have to tell you it was very powerful and emotional. Pres, Obamas speech was wonderful and it was very touching and sad when he recounted the story of veteran Jim Norene, though gravelly ill, traveled to the town and last night after visiting the cemetary returned to his hotel and passed away in his sleep.
At the end there was a 21 gun salute (cannons), taps, then a flyover by French, British and American fighter jets. All three flew a formation of four aircraft and the US jets had one ship climb out for the missing man formation. There was plenty of coverage after that with Obama spending lots of time with the Vets and even footage of the French president boarding his helicopter with a second parked nearby. The President was using the VH-60 which is usually the case of overseas visits (easier to pack and unpack I would guess).
We really REALLY cant thank these vets enough for what they did. It changed the outcome of the war and pretty much saved the
world from the tyranny of Nazism.

nikon50bigma
2009-06-06, 09:11 PM
We really REALLY cant thank these vets enough for what they did.
Yea, I deffinatly agree with you. Alll gave some, some gave all. We all have something to thank all the verterans. Especially those who served in WWII. They stoped tyranny on three continents and saved the rest of the world from the hands of destruction. They truely were the world's greatest generation.

Matt Molnar
2009-06-07, 02:28 PM
http://www.nycaviation.com/hosting/ddayboat.jpg
F****n A.

mirrodie
2009-06-07, 04:01 PM
I'm so thankful for our soldiers and our freedom.

I spent a half day this week serving them at the VA out east. The best job.

Idlewild
2009-06-10, 12:16 AM
The Greatest Generation.