PDA

View Full Version : Uploading problem.

mirrodie
2009-04-04, 10:16 PM
SO I finally uploaded a few pics to Jpnet and Anet recently but hte photos showing up on Anet(in queue) are very dull and washed out. So I took them out of queue.

I know its something that has to do with sRGB profiles or somehting to that end but I am not sure how to fix it.

THe image looks good on my computer and edit but then looks terrible once uploaded.

Please advise what the dodo is doing wrong.
Thanks!

T-Bird76
2009-04-05, 12:21 AM
hmmm I was just looking at your pics in the JP.net que and your camera settings seem to be rather odd.... Your EXIF data is showing you were shooting at F2.2 and F2.3 which the 100-400 certainly isn't capable of doing. I checked the EXIF data of my photos to make sure the software that reads it was working and it was fine. So I don't know how your camera is giving off that data to the file, might have nothing to do with it but that's the only thing I found odd about your shots. I'd check your camera settings to make sure everything is normal but the shots look fine to me. Not sure what A.net's software is doing to your shots.

moose135
2009-04-05, 08:43 AM
It's that silly Mac you are using...best to get your old PC away from Sebastian. :wink:

mirrodie
2009-04-05, 09:59 AM
You know, I expected perhaps a bit of anti-Mac sentiment to come but I didnt expect it from the Moose! :shock:

Don;t fret, Moose. WE still use both Windows and Mac in the house, but MAc is just more efficient for my needs ;)

TOm, I believe that might be unrelated. I just double checked my jpnet user profile and I have it so it does not show EXIF data. (I dont know if that pertains to your seeing it)

Its just weird that the same pics to Jpnet are vivid in color and to Ant is comes up washed out.

T-Bird76
2009-04-05, 01:46 PM
You know, I expected perhaps a bit of anti-Mac sentiment to come but I didnt expect it from the Moose! :shock:

Don;t fret, Moose. WE still use both Windows and Mac in the house, but MAc is just more efficient for my needs ;)

TOm, I believe that might be unrelated. I just double checked my jpnet user profile and I have it so it does not show EXIF data. (I dont know if that pertains to your seeing it)

Its just weird that the same pics to Jpnet are vivid in color and to Ant is comes up washed out.

Mario I'm a Sr. Screener...we can see all your data regardless if you choose not to share it. That option is so the viewers can't see it. We need to see it so we can verify certain data at times. Something is def up that it is showing that F stop though. Again though the shots looks fine in the que. Why don't you email me the ones you have on A.net so I can see them on my screen.

mirrodie
2009-04-05, 10:57 PM
..we can see all your data regardless if you choose not to share it

Well I didn't know if you could see the EXIF info or not, which is why I said....

I have it so it does not show EXIF data. (I dont know if that pertains to your seeing it)

AS I already pulled the shots from Anet, I'll try again later this week. But the same image you see in jpnet was uploaded to Anet, Looks fine on the monitor, on jpnet but once uploaded to Anet, a whole different image results.

THeres a thread on Anet about this as well by someone else, just a matter of figuring out where I need to make the change I suppose.

T-Bird76
2009-04-06, 08:52 AM
THeres a thread on Anet about this as well by someone else, just a matter of figuring out where I need to make the change I suppose.

Don't upload to A.net anymore ;) ;) ;) Hey (cue Jakub and Nick V) LOLOLOL

mirrodie
2009-04-06, 05:52 PM
I still like both so dont mind uploading to both.

I can even see Nicks POV to a degree but then again, I am not as closed minded as others can be.

I feel like yelling "Calgon, take me away" but its more like "Dunetz, help a brother out!"