PDA

View Full Version : WN WILL/NOT add MSP-DEN May 26th, 2009

Alex T
2009-04-01, 11:54 AM
Southwest Airlines has added a news release to its Investor Relations website.
Title: Southwest Airlines Will Not Begin Service Between Minneapolis/St. Paul and Denver

Date: 4/1/2009 11:00:00 AM

For a complete listing of our news releases, please click here

Carrier Has No Plans to Add Three New Daily Nonstop Flights

DALLAS, April 1 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Southwest Airlines announced today that the Company has absolutely no plans to expand service between the carrier's newest market in the Twin Cities and the Mile High City with three new daily nonstop flights. Southwest did admit, however, that if the airline were to add service between the two cities, there is no way that fares would be as low as $89 one-way, not including fees and taxes. To learn more about why Southwest will not be adding this new service, visit: APRIL FOOL'S! To read a blog post, visit: http://www.blogsouthwest.com/blog/south ... to-st-olaf (http://www.blogsouthwest.com/blog/southwest-to-fly-to-st-olaf).

Not really surprising to me DEN was next, just kind of surprised it happened this fast. MSP-MDW loads have done exceptionally well, I don't have access to yield, so I can't speak on that but for the most part, the load factors have done extremely well for WN MSP-MDW.

I imagine though it may go down a bit when DEN is added to the mix.

Alex

T-Bird76
2009-04-01, 12:06 PM
Two words Truder...."who cares." End Transmission.

Matt Molnar
2009-04-01, 12:14 PM
Note the date plz.

Alex T
2009-04-01, 12:44 PM

The people of DEN and MSP ;)

Also note the date, hence why the title and article, an obvious WN April Fools joke/article.

Getting back on topic...

Alex

T-Bird76
2009-04-01, 01:14 PM
[quote="T-Bird76":1wiu5a5i]Two words Truder...."who cares." End Transmission.

The people of DEN and MSP ;)
Alex[/quote:1wiu5a5i]

This is New York...so neither of those people count, hehe