PDA

View Full Version : DirectTV on JetBlue Showing Age?

Gerard
2009-03-24, 07:32 PM
Are the DirectTV units on JetBlue finally showing their age? Flying in Feb to Phoenix they were having numerous problems getting
the system going. First nothing, then half the plane then the whole plane. On March 14 my son flew in from Phoenix and the system
was down the whole flight. He received a $15 coupon via e-mail. Maybe the same plane?
Last Thursday flying to Burbank the headphone jack at my seat was broken. Jiggling and jiggling and at one point it just disappeared
in the armrest. I told the flight attendant who took note. Thankfully I had my iPod and was watching the NCAAs so didnt need the
volume. Coming back Sunday from Burbank the channel changing buttons were stiff as could be and took a number of pushes to get
the channel to change. Once again I was listening to music and watching Bball but when we were told to stow the electronics I
plugged in to the armrest and while the volume worked it was pretty bad.
Do they do maintenance on the units (armrest controls) or only if they get a specific complaint.
I still love JetBlue though and will continue to fly with them when I can but always have my backup book, iPod or portable DVD
especially on a long flight.

T-Bird76
2009-03-24, 08:04 PM
Well remember B6 isn't a new airline anymore and their planes are aging. So until those birds go in for their checks chances are the problems will remain and increase.

mirrodie
2009-03-24, 09:50 PM
also, take into consideration that an aircraft is public transportation device and most people will beat up those TVs

Gerard
2009-03-24, 10:04 PM
also, take into consideration that an aircraft is public transportation device and most people will beat up those TVs

Absolutely. I was discussing that with a friend of mine yesterday. Years of wear and tear take their toll.

SmAlbany
2009-03-25, 08:38 AM
I've never flown on Jetblue before but I have a flight from SYR to MCO tomorrow. It will be on an E190. Can I assume that the 190s are newer and should be in better shape?

Matt Molnar
2009-03-25, 02:25 PM
I've never flown on Jetblue before but I have a flight from SYR to MCO tomorrow. It will be on an E190. Can I assume that the 190s are newer and should be in better shape?
Yep, they're very nice...maybe even nicer than a new A320. The seats are slightly wider and more comfortable, IMO.