PDA

View Full Version : Red Star Pilots Association March Fly-in - Flying W Airport

Steven Holzinger
2009-03-23, 01:48 PM
This past weekend (March 20-22) the Flying W Airport in Lumberton, NJ hosted a small fly-in of Nanchang CJ-6 and Yakovlev Yak-50/-52/52TW aircraft for what Red Star Northeast Raiders pilot Carey O'Donnell called a "scrape off the rust fly-in." About a dozen aircraft flew in for the weekend full of formation sorties, with most of the CJ-6 and Yak-52s owners taking part in what I'd call a formation training fly-in.

Since I live about ten minutes away, I was able to go on Friday and Sunday and shoot some video of the aircraft, both on the ground and in the air. I would like to thank every one of the pilots, especially Reade and Bear for taking me up, for all of their help in making these videos possible.

Z3YM4RCEnII

TTYbPPqf34M

7xZjaIduFRo

1ZJPH5aAVYU

I still have to upload the Sunday flying video... but speaking of which, I had invited my friend Andrew to come on up and he also got to fly in the back seat of a CJ-6. However, Andrew and I went up in two different formation flights but at about the same time. His photos from that flight can be found at http://www.flyawayphotos.com/RedStar.htm . I hope he posts more pictures because he had a TON of great a2a shots!