2009-02-24, 05:31 PM
hi all planning a visit in may 09
coming in from uk england flying klm
could some kind soul in the jfk know please get me me some hotel info
last time i stayed at the holiday inn excellent view of the atlas b74f ramp
saw 13L saw end of 31R
got all dep from 31L as they dep
at a tight glance saw 04L arr a few and some 22L
my main question is could someone go and check out the best views top floor poss looking east to see as much movements as possible
many thanks andy whitmore uk
also bringing my sbs with me so will love to meet up with u chaps around 22 and 31 for some great photos
will send my phone number later

T-Bird76
2009-02-24, 09:14 PM
Any of the hotels will give you a decent view that are south facing and on a high floor.

andrew whitmore
2009-03-04, 07:00 PM
what period if any do they land on 13Left

T-Bird76
2009-03-05, 10:39 AM
what period if any do they land on 13Left

I have no idea what you mean by "period" but runway use is predicated on many factors, mainly the wind. The 13s are generally summer time runways but that means nothing at JFK.

andrew whitmore
2009-04-16, 06:00 PM
hi to all the jfk lads
keep up the good work with the jfk forum
looking forward to my visit to jfk may june
just wondering if any of you are willing to give me your cell phone numbers i would love to meet up with you guys and take some photos like the brilliant shots and locations you choose
if u want please email me direct with names numbers the more the better
looking forward reguards
andy whitmore north east england uk
ps any of u guys need any info on uk airports just call me
[email protected]

andrew whitmore
2009-05-26, 06:10 PM
ANY TAKERS
WOULD BE NICE TO MEET FELLOW SPOTTERS
GENERAL AVIATION FANS

T-Bird76
2009-05-26, 07:00 PM
Andrew just an fyi if you call someone on their cell phone here in the U.S with a U.K number those people are going to be hit with a huge long distance fee. Just post when you are spotting and I'm sure if someone is out they'll meet up.

andrew whitmore
2009-05-27, 05:15 PM
ok many thanks for that info point taken yes i am sure you are right
be staying at the holiday inn jfk jamacia so yes anyone out there please feel free to call me hopefully i will try and get free wireless internet bye for now andy whitmore

T-Bird76
2009-05-27, 07:21 PM
what are you dates again?

N101CV
2009-05-28, 12:23 PM
If you are looking for a remotely decent view I would check out the top floors of the doubletree. I have spent a few overnights in the Double Tree and the view from the top floors is probably going to be the "best" you will get of JFK. The cargo complexes kid of block up the view around the area though. If they are running the 13's which I have seen alot in the summer time in NY they should give you a little show as they roll in to the final turn on the vis. to 13 Left. Other than that probably the turn out off of 31 Left is going to be most of the action you can see from a hotel near JFK.