PDA

View Full Version : People protesting return of Peanuts to NW Flights

Alex T
2009-02-16, 05:12 PM
ATLANTA, Georgia (CNN) -- The return of peanuts to the snack menu at Northwest Airlines this month has prompted a spasm of protests from travelers with allergies.
Just weeks after Northwest began handing out peanuts as flight snacks, customers have raised allergy concerns.

Just weeks after Northwest began handing out peanuts as flight snacks, customers have raised allergy concerns.

The change comes four months after Northwest merged with Atlanta-based Delta Air Lines and in the midst of a national salmonella outbreak involving Peanut Corporation of America. Georgia, where the company has a plant, is the top peanut-producing state in the country.

Northwest began handing out the goobers as snacks on February 1, as Delta has been doing for years.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/TRAVEL/02/16/ai ... index.html (http://www.cnn.com/2009/TRAVEL/02/16/airline.peanuts/index.html)

First, I mean seriously? I thought NWA had always been selling those peanuts snacks for a dollar in the trail mix. No one seemed to complain against those?

They are acting like every single airline serves peanuts, they clearly haven't heard of Southwest Airlines and all.

I fail to understand why this is news and at CNN too... Slow day?

Alex

Midnight Mike
2009-02-16, 05:36 PM
First, I mean seriously? I thought NWA had always been selling those peanuts snacks for a dollar in the trail mix. No one seemed to complain against those?
They are acting like every single airline serves peanuts, they clearly haven't heard of Southwest Airlines and all.

I fail to understand why this is news and at CNN too... Slow day?

Alex

Peanut allergies is nothing to laugh at, and those trail mix kits are made with an assortment of stuff that may or may not include peanuts, things like cashews and almonds are one of the main contents...

Also, timing is a major factor, there is a peanut scare with major peanut or peanut butter recall going on, HELLO, bad time to even talk about anything peanut related.

Whoever is the Public Relations expert for Northwest/Delta certainly did not earn their money today....