PDA

View Full Version : Heli-Logging On TLC Tonite 2/5/09

Gerard
2009-02-05, 09:22 PM
Viewer alert!!!
"Heli-Logging" Tonite (Thursday) on TLC at 10PM. I had no clue until my oldest son came in to my room and having just saw
previews highly recommended it to me.
TLC is Channel 28 (764HD) on Cablevision.

Gerard
2009-02-11, 07:37 PM
Not a bad show though they focus mainly on the loggers than the helos but pretty cool helo footage and watching these guys climb trees and chop them down is pretty intense. They use an MD 500 to transport the loggers and equipment and to scout and use a Chinook to transport the timber. I wonder if this is Trumps old Chinook. I heard it was working up in Canada. BTW this is a regular show.

Gerard
2009-02-28, 10:16 AM
Pretty cool episode the other night. They focused much of the show on the Chinook and its new pilot, Karen Trimmer, the only female heavy lift pilot in the industry. According to the narrator shes been flying the big ships for 11 years. Lots of good aerial footage and a cool pre-flight of the B107. Amazing how they use the grappling claw hooked to the bottom of the copter to pull up the logs which can weigh up to 9000 lbs. One they had to really pull and pull until it came loose. But you would think she flied the Chinook single-pilot but I guess the other pilot was camera shy? LOL!
And she also flew the MD500 scout/transport copter.

Gerard
2009-02-28, 06:41 PM
> They focused much of the show on the Chinook<

Actually it is a Boeing Vertol 107 which is the civil version of the CH-46 Sea Knight.