PDA

View Full Version : Dutch F16 fly-over coming to NYC Sept 13 2009

Tom_Turner
2009-01-30, 08:19 PM
Fleet visit of Dutch Naval Frigates HMS Tromp & Van Speijk

SEPTEMBER 08, 2009 - SEPTEMBER 13, 2009
US

The New York visit of the two Dutch Naval Frigates will be the centerpiece of all maritime -related activities during the week leading up to Harbor Day (September 13 2009). Several social gatherings (receptions and/or dinners) will be hosted on board and the ships will be available to the public, when not performing any programmed activities.

In addition to the two frigates, the Hr.Ms. Haarlem, a minesweeper, will also visit New York as part of a NATO delegation.

The Marine Band of the Royal Netherlands Navy (Marinierskapel) will be present to support numerous Dutch events (both navy and non-navy).

On Harbor Day, the Dutch Navy will be leading the flotilla from the Verrazano Bridge towards Battery Park and up the Hudson. The US Army Garrison at Fort Hamilton will perform a gun salute to the Dutch Navy.

In addition, a (Dutch) F16 fly-over demonstration is being organized on September 13 2009.

Several other activities are on the drawing board, to be announced at a later date.

http://www.marine.nl

N221UA
2009-01-30, 08:30 PM
It is a bit down the year but I am sure we are welcome to new visitors.

Gosh, I wish the Red Arrows would return! :lol:

flyboy 28
2009-01-30, 08:58 PM
Wow, that's pretty cool. Too bad I won't be around for it.

nikon50bigma
2009-01-30, 09:23 PM
I'll be in college by then upstate, I just might have to skip a couple of classes to see this :D