PDA

View Full Version : SAM 28000 and Executive One Today

Gerard
2009-01-20, 10:56 PM
DVRed the CNN coverage of the Inauguration today and they had pretty cool footage of FORMER President Bush and his family/entourage departing from a pad/LZ at the east side of the Capitol Building. The ship, now Executive 1, did a flyby of the Mall and White House before heading over to Andrews Air Force Base. From there they went into a hangar where there was a private ceremony so Bush could personally thank the members of the Presidential Airlift Group for 8 years of service and also a retirement ceremony for Colonel Mark Tillman who was AF 1 Chief Pilot for Bush 43 and also flew with Daddy Bush and Bill Clinton. Colonel Tillman flew SAM 28000 to Texas but on the return flight was co-pilot and Obamas chief pilot will be the pilot. Nice footage there as 28000 rolled off the runway into the Maryland sky.

nikon50bigma
2009-01-21, 08:37 AM
I saw that too, I wasn't expecting the cermony with him and the and the Airlift Group. Nice little ceremony and enjoyed watching it, just not something ya see everyday.
Even though he didn't show it I think it was a little emotional for Form. Pres. Bush for doing everything that one last time. Last time of AF-1 (Exec 1) etc...

mirrodie
2009-01-21, 11:00 AM
Any vid of that online? I caught glimpses of OBama/Biden waving them off, then later the former President boarding sam28000

flyboy 28
2009-01-21, 12:56 PM
http://www.motherjones.com/kevin-drum/Blog_Obama_Inauguration_4.jpg

Speedbird1
2009-01-21, 02:56 PM
The footage of SAM 28000 departing Andrews was great on CNN. I thought that Bushs' final goodbyes to his staff in the hangar was private and so I couldn't find any coverage. CNN kept saying they were going to show a satellite view of the Mall with the crowds but I never got to see it. When was it finally shown?

flyboy 28
2009-01-21, 03:01 PM
CNN kept saying they were going to show a satellite view of the Mall with the crowds but I never got to see it. When was it finally shown?

Go to Google Maps and on the left sidebar there's a link for "The Inauguration from the Sky".

Gerard
2009-01-21, 11:13 PM
>. I thought that Bushs' final goodbyes to his staff in the hangar was private and so I couldn't find any coverage. <

Yes it was private but CNN talked about it and the Colonel Tillman retiring story.