PDA

View Full Version : President-Elect's Plane?

Speedbird1
2009-01-15, 12:17 PM
I have a question about which aircraft the new President-Elect has been using. He no longer uses the plane he used during campaign flights but what aircraft is he using? Does the government give him a leased-aircraft until he takes the Oath or must he pay for his own leased aircraft? I was just wondering about this.

moose135
2009-01-15, 12:48 PM
He used a chartered United 767 for his holiday visit to Hawaii last month - not sure who footed the bill for that, whether it was the DNC or US government. When he came to DC from Chicago a week or so ago, he used a USAF C-32 for the first time. I don't think he will be traveling any between now and next Tuesday, so his next flight should be on a VC-25.

LGA777
2009-01-16, 07:23 PM
The President Elect was in Ohio today. We get a teletype msg in ops several times a day from our OCC with Nationwide ATC updates and other related info including "VIP movements" which are usually limited to AF1 and AF2. Today we got one for ADW-CLE-ADW so I assume that was for the President Elect flying on an 89th Airlift Wing aircraft.

Regards

LGA777