PDA

View Full Version : "OMG, You Never Saw [movie]?!?!"

PhilDernerJr
2009-01-15, 11:06 AM
Instead of talking about movies we've seen, what movies have you NOT seen, that when mention this, people reply with "Oh my God, you never saw _______ ?!"

Some examples for me, I catch a lot of slack for not having seen Blazing Saddles, Godfather 2 or 3.

You?

Mellyrose
2009-01-16, 12:36 AM
Until recently, it was Goodfellas.

Other very popular ones:

Godfather
The Big Lebowski
Braveheart

Matt Molnar
2009-01-16, 12:59 AM
Despite my parents loving Woody Allen and growing up in NYC, somehow I have never seen a single Woody Allen movie. I catch a lot of flak for that.

G-BOAD
2009-01-16, 03:14 PM
I never saw Batman: The Dark Knight

lijk604
2009-01-16, 09:10 PM
The ENTIRE Indiana Jones series. Have not seen a one of them.

mmedford
2009-01-17, 10:26 PM
I've never seen a Bond movie..lol

PHL Approach
2009-01-20, 03:21 PM
I have never seen a Star Wars movie.

mirrodie
2009-01-20, 04:02 PM
Wow, I thought I was bad for not seeing any of the Godfathers until I was at least 29.

But missing the entire Indy Jones, Star Wars or Bond flicks.....wow :shock: :shock: :mrgreen:

(Phil, glad you got AIRPLANE! off that list :wink: )

PhilDernerJr
2009-01-20, 04:04 PM
Star Wars sucks. You're ahead of the game by not watching it.

Mario, not only did I get Airplane out of the way, but also the whole Airport series!

T-Bird76
2009-01-21, 12:37 PM
I've never seen any of the Harry Potter Series or Lord of the Rings movies, no real desire to see them anyway.

pgengler
2009-01-21, 01:45 PM
I've never seen any of the Godfather movies. I've seen parts of some but never a whole film.

Matt Molnar
2009-01-21, 03:41 PM
Super Troopers.

nikon50bigma
2009-01-21, 09:07 PM
I've never seen Pulp Fiction or any of the Batman movies.

JHNA57
2009-01-22, 09:18 AM
I've never seen any of the Godfather movies. I've seen parts of some but never a whole film.

There are tons of recent (and not so recent) movies I've never seen, but "The Godfather" is not among them.
Whenever I run across it while "channel surfing", I start watching at that point and stay with it to the end. I must have done that with both Pt I and Pt II five or six times last year alone. The same can be said for "Blazing Saddles", these are truly in my top five favorites.

PHL Approach
2009-01-23, 04:19 AM

Mario, not only did I get Airplane out of the way, but also the whole Airport series!

Thanks Phil! Good to know :lol:

Speaking of which. I guess I should watch Airplane... :oops: TMC only shows it what 2 times a day!

Matt Molnar
2009-01-23, 11:55 AM
Super Troopers.
Remove this from the list...rented it on iTunes last night. Really funny.

Delta777LR
2009-01-26, 01:44 PM
Ive never saw French Connection2, Cannonball 2, the whole thing of Smokey and the Bandit and Ive never saw the original Longest Yard.

G-BOAD
2009-01-26, 10:03 PM
Ive never saw French Connection2, Cannonball 2, the whole thing of Smokey and the Bandit and Ive never saw the original Longest Yard.
Never saw, haha, I never even heard of those movies.

to add to my list, Casa Blanca, Citizen Kane, Gone with the Wind, It's a wonderful life, Rocky, 12 angry men, and All Quiet on the western front (read the book, now i want to see the movie). I also really want to see Laurence of Arabia. Watched the first half hour in school 2 years ago, bought the movie, but have yet to watch it. Also, I want to see the Animal Farm movie, once again read the book but I am really interested to see how they made it into a movie.

yaas
2009-05-13, 05:56 AM
*bump*

Don't listen to this man, he knows nothing :mrgreen:

the Matrix series
Godfather

ah forget a list... I haven't seen most huge movies! Not that I don't care to, I just have never seen them :(

NYARTCCFAN
2009-05-13, 09:40 AM
Funnay that this tread started up. My movie was Heat(Pacino and Deniro). Conquered it last night. Excellent flik !!!!!! :borat:

Matt Molnar
2009-05-13, 12:18 PM
*bump*

Don't listen to this man, he knows nothing :mrgreen:

the Matrix series
Godfather

ah forget a list... I haven't seen most huge movies! Not that I don't care to, I just have never seen them :(
Matrix is boring.

Godfather 1 and 2 are great though.

yaas
2009-06-29, 07:38 PM
I don't remember seeing Back To The Future

lijk604
2009-06-30, 06:54 PM
+1 for never seeing or wanting to see anything regarding Lord of the Rings.

Matt Molnar
2009-06-30, 11:36 PM
I never wanted to but I got suckered into seeing the first one with a friend. I fell asleep in the theater. :)

Same goes for Harry Potter.

moose135
2009-07-01, 12:15 AM
Add one more for me, just never saw the fascination with all that. Actually, I take that back, I think I did see parts of the first one on TV one time, I didn't really follow it, and it just sort of ended in the middle of the story. Of course, I guess they needed to do that in order to attract the audience for the sequel.

mirrodie
2009-07-01, 10:33 AM
LOTR is only for the fans. I think it sucked.
Harry Potter is not an OMG movie.

Phil, you GOT the whole Airport series, but have you WATCHED them all?? ;)

Some good OMG movies up there. SOme notables in my mind are HEAT, GODFATHER, THE SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION.

to add to my list, Casa Blanca, Citizen Kane, Gone with the Wind, It's a wonderful life, Rocky, 12 angry men, and All Quiet on the western front (read the book, now i want to see the movie). I also really want to see Laurence of Arabia. Watched the first half hour in school 2 years ago, bought the movie, but have yet to watch it. Also, I want to see the Animal Farm movie, once again read the book but I am really interested to see how they made it into a movie.

After we got married, we went to the AFI.com top 100 website and printed a list of the top 100 movies of all time, as rated by the American Film Institute. We haven't seen all the movies on it yet nor do I agree that every movie up it is that great. However, I find most of the films are amazing and really lend a lot of influence on today's films.

I mean, I can't recall ow many times we watched one of these films and later commented about a post 80's movie, "Oh, so thats where it came from" or I've gotten a lot of inside jokes in more recent films that are triggered by older films.

cancidas
2009-07-01, 01:13 PM
you GOT the whole Airport series, but have you WATCHED them all?? ;)
i do, and did... :wink: