PDA

View Full Version : IcelandAir

eric8669
2009-01-08, 02:54 PM
Helping a friend plan a trip.

Has anybody had experience with Iceland Air?

Thanks.

Iberia A340-600
2009-01-08, 03:45 PM
I haven't personally flown them but I have heard nothing but good things about them. My friends cousin recently flew them to CPH and enjoyed her flight very much. They recently updated their interiors and now have AVOD throughout the cabin and new seats.

coachrowsey
2009-04-05, 05:21 PM
I have a friend who flys them every chance he gets.

mattyry38
2009-08-31, 10:47 PM
Flew last August roundtrip JFK - KEF. At this point they did not have the AVOD and the seats were noticeably worn but I hear they are better. The flight views are jaw-dropping as with any northern route in the summer. In-flight service was minimal with a small dinner but from what I remember it was satisfactory (although unlike most EU airlines alcohol was not free). Be prepared for the mind-boggling Icelandic FA's and the announcements. Also sign up for Icelandair lucky savers fare club as you are sent fare updates every week with decent rt fares from North America.
(KEF departure and JFK arrival)
lVkQB83Wxeg
EfGa14D2 ... re=related (EfGa14D22bY&feature=related)

T-Bird76
2009-09-03, 02:23 PM
Eric I flew them many many years ago to London via Iceland because the fare was 240 r/t. While it added on to the trip the service was fantastic and I'd do it again if they offered a fare that low.