PDA

View Full Version : DFW 1/5

MarkLawrence
2009-01-05, 08:36 PM
Anyone know what's happening at DFW this evening? Bill - you working? We have a friend going back to St Louis via DFW this evening and they are still are on the ground at PBI - 2 1/2 hour delay. According to FAA, it's a
"Due to OTHER / AAL REQUEST, there is a Traffic Management Program in effect for traffic arriving Dallas/Ft Worth International Airport, Dallas-Ft Worth, TX (DFW). "

Anyone know more?

njgtr82
2009-01-05, 09:32 PM
I'm not sure Mark but even this morning the delay program was for American flights only, the airline requested it. All other carriers had no delay so this was an internal American issue. This is very common with hub cities when they have bad weather delays.

LGA777
2009-01-05, 10:04 PM
Around 1400 today my airline's dispatch sent out an ATC update on our ops printers as they do many times per day showing a Ground Stop to DFW for AA Eagle only.

I think there might have been some frozen precip earlier, right now it's 35F and overcast.

Mark, good luck to your friends

LGA777

MarkLawrence
2009-01-05, 11:20 PM
Wow - thanks Bill and Ron - fortunately, it seems like the connecting AA flight to STL is delayed as well, so hopefully she will get home tonight - albeit very late!

AA 777
2009-01-05, 11:49 PM
Not sure if they two are related, but AA will impose what they call CAC, also known as Company Arrival Control, into their hubs on bad weather days to ensure that connections are made. When they do this they delay almost every flight into the given hub to try and maintain the schedule "in one piece" just late. Interesting to see the FAA message about it....

njgtr82
2009-01-05, 11:53 PM
Not sure if they two are related, but AA will impose what they call CAC, also known as Company Arrival Control, into their hubs on bad weather days to ensure that connections are made. When they do this they delay almost every flight into the given hub to try and maintain the schedule "in one piece" just late. Interesting to see the FAA message about it....

Yes I believe they ask the FAA to issue the EDCT (estimates departure clearance time), with the times the airline wants. It was done with EDCT's today anyway.

MarkLawrence
2009-01-06, 12:33 AM
Thanks guys - it all makes total sense when you put it like that!